acceptance address

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
*rapturous applause*

thank you, thank you.

*applause continues, chaos collapses sanity, frenzied faces create scenes of madness*

thank you

*200+ minutes later, standing ovation concludes, applause continues but is slightly less visceral*

thank you again, people of interference.

if i could just say a few words...i'd be a better public speaker. (deathbear smiles in acknowledgement of his completely unique and brilliant boner)

*interference audience leaps to its collective feet, absolutely extatic as the masses cheer and laugh at the joke*

as you know, this past year has not been an interesting one.

*audience claps loudly in self-mocking agreementl*

as far as calendars go, 2004 and the beginning of 2005 would have accompanying pictures of pictures so dull, it would take a bullshit artist to fake his way into describing faux interest in it.

did that even make any sense? you know, i've got writers who're paid to write my speeches, and i'm only three paragraphs into it, and i'm already wondering why i didn't write this myself.

anyway, moving along.

while some of the more entertaining posters continue to abstain from posting on a more regular basis, some of us, including myself and pretty much noone else, have picked up the slack and presented the rest of the mindless flock of sheep with a template in creating wonderful threads such as this.

*audience claps loudly in approval*

while it might be true that i'm the only thing worth talking about, it's important to never forget that there are other posters out there who deserve to be acknowledged.

just not right now.

tonite's my night. tonite i'm taking home the oscar for best motion poster, best male poster, and best screenplayer of the year and i have you to thank for it.

*audience dizzy in delight, jumps up and down, throws their bras at deathbear, demanding to do anything he wants*

i understand we've been here long enough now, so i'll close with one of my favourite quotes.

and by "my", i mean "my own". literally. as in, i said this at an earlier juncture.

"don't question my authority, or put me in a dock cause i'm not."

again, thank you. without you, i'd have no audience.

blessings, etc.

Last edited:
thanks pax.

does this mean i get to go to sleep now?

not forever, mind you, but for night anyway?

lmjhitman said:
You mean you're not going to the after-party?

no. and i don't expect anyone else to, either.

if i'm not going, what's the point in anyone else attending?

move in with me. let's start a family.

Zoomerang96 said:
is this sarcasm directed in a way as to belittle me and my grandeur?

~spellczar czecher

:sexywink:

I was applauding your choice of attire. :up:

Little deathbears?!?!? :ohmy:

oh. cool.

yes, little deathbears. prepackaged, scandinavian deathbears.

why bother resisting my advances? didn't you just read my speech? i'm dynamic!

Zoomerang96 said:
why bother resisting my advances?

Weird. 'Backdrifts (Honeymoon is OVER)' just came on my iTunes. I fear this may be a sign. :sigh:

A sign that it's OVER for us, or... :sexywink: that I may succumb to your dynamicness...dynamicism...dynamicicity...or something. :hmm: I better sleep on it.

Another year, another snub.

I'd like to thank my anatomy.

I will persevere in dejection dear friends, and I will smile on the outside that indulges so much of my character.

For every Thom Hanks there is a Losin' Lucci, and I'll be damned if I'm a fucking Bosom Buddy.

See you at the laughter party.

Regrettably Yours,

Susan.

Mr. bear, now that you've won these awards, what will you do next?

Does this mean you can attach the label "Award winning poster" to all of your threads, even if they're crap threads, in the hopes that people will read them.

Cujo, it's an honor to even be nominated, you shouldn't be so bitter and ungreatful.

i'm not done with this thread yet.

shower me with your praise as the script says. don't go against the script.

Congratulations bear, on becoming an award-winning pester....poster. I meant poster. POSTER!
:|

untitled.jpg

Back
Top Bottom