ACC tourny, baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if maryland keeps indiana out of the tourney im gonna be pissed

indiana went 10-6 in the big 10, tied for 4th

they played a killer schedule early on with a freshman loaded team, and have been improving all year, playing their best basketball now

there arent 15 teams playing better than iu right now, and that must be true because mike davis said it

Last edited:
Please tell me Clemson is NOT about to beat UNC in the quarters of the ACC tourny? WTF?!?! This isn't right! We NEED a high seeding in the tourny to ensure our first few opponents are of a lesser quality. Clemson's not even going to be IN the tourny!

Only down by five now, but we were within two. This is it. UNC, show how good you really are.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
carolina survives... good. people will still take them to win the title now, and when i have them knocked out early i'll win the big bucks

You got something against UNC? I'm picking them to win the tourny...especially if they win the ACC tourny.

does choking make you a douche, or does being a douche make you choke?

he's a douche who's choked in every big game he's every been in.

but that's just my own opinion... i could be wrong. i'm not... but i could be.

The past is the past. Are you a Kansas fan? Upset that he left there for UNC?

It's hard for me to say anything bad about him - he's the first actual good coach we've had since Coach Smith.

As far as douches go in the world of college basketball coaching - no one's gonna rank higher than Bob Knight. Bob Knight is the biggest asshole in the history of college basketball coaching. He is all ego and no heart. It's just a game, there is no reason to choke your players, curse them out in front of the entire team, make all your players feel bad about themselves. Every team he goes to, he makes the team all about him, and that is not what sports is about. Bob Knight is a douche. Roy Williams is not.

i'm not a fan of any college basketball team except for the ones i actually played on and/or know someone who plays for them... i just like the sport as a whole.

and on a side note... i do not believe coach knight to be a douche, i do believe roy williams to be one. i hated kansas when williams was there, now that he's gone, i like them.

i'm not a fan of any college basketball team except for the ones i actually played on and/or know someone who plays for them... i just like the sport as a whole.

and on a side note... i do not believe coach knight to be a douche, i do believe roy williams to be one. i hated kansas when williams was there, now that he's gone, i like them.

How can you not believe Knight to be a douche?

bob knight is just misunderstood

and nobody gives better press conference interviews than him

bob knight has done some stupid things in his time that i'm sure he regrets. that said, he's one of the most brilliant basketball minds ever. yes, he put his hands around one of his player's necks. should he have? absolutely not... it was a long time ago, no one knows the whole story, he's appologized for it, paid his dues, etc. etc. etc. should we hold it against him his entire career? if you want to, that's fine. you can. i chose not to. he's done enough good for the game, such as be the coach and mentor for the person who i believe to be the greatest college coach of all time... mike krzyzewski.

and knight is not about ego, as you stated. very much the opposite. he is always making fun of himself, has a self depricating sense of humor, etc. etc.

now roy williams on the other hand... there's a man who thinks his shit don't stink. his screwing of kansas to go back to carolina only pushed him further down on my shit list.

Last edited:

now roy williams on the other hand... there's a man who thinks his shit don't stink. his screwing of kansas to go back to carolina only pushed him further down on my shit list.

For a period of about one week I thought he was the greatest coach in the history of the universe. You know what I'm talking about.

my dream is for roy williams and carolina to lose to kansas in the tourney... :drool:

That would be so beautiful as to bring a tear to my eye. :sad:

Big XII grad and Duke fan here. I gotta agree, the way Roy screwed over Kansas last year was low. No class at all the way he denied it and denied it and then, Hey! I'm going to UNC! :tsk:

That being said, go Duke. I'm watching (or rather listening to) the Duke/UVA game right now.

Screw Duke. Reddick is an incredible shooter but screw duke. Carolina will defeat the dookies should they meet in either the ACC tourny or the national tourny.

NC State last night - unreal. With my team (UMD) being out and not deserving an NCAA bid this season. I am hoping that NCSU takes it to Duke today. Although part of me would like to see a Duke UNC match up in the final......

Back
Top Bottom