about the titanium in martha's feet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfulgirl

Blue Crack Addict
At least it's in your feet, not your hip. An elderly friend of mine had hip replacement surgery and has titanium in both hips, which makes him beep everytime he goes through security at the airport. Poor guy usually has to be strip-searched. Just thought I'd warn you, in case you hadn't thought of it, your feet will beep.

:lol: LMFAO!!! The never-ending saga of Martha's feet!

I have steel wires holding my sternum together and I have been through Ontario, Salt Lake City, Tulsa, Orange County, Dallas Ft. Worth and San Francisco airports and the only metal detector I set off was in Tulsa. I was embarrased when they had to keep sweeping my chest with the wand but I also wondered why none of the other machines detected it :eyebrow:

I went through Salt Lake City airport the night of the Olympic closing ceremonies and they even didn't detect my extra parts!

Well, granted, my friend probably has a heck of a lot more titanium in his hips than martha does in her feet. One time he got so frustrated in the strip-search line that he just started pulling his pants down in front of everyone and insisting they look at his cheeks--lol--you don't mess with the seniors!

But just in case, at least feet are easy to strip-search.

ghetofabu said:
I feel bad that I had a slight giggle at that all. sorry. :( poor guy.

I know i laughed at him in the strip search line aaaw- he should get a note from the doc or something.....:huh:

Lara Mullen said:

I know i laughed at him in the strip search line aaaw- he should get a note from the doc or something.....:huh:

don't worry--I laughed my butt off when he told me about it. he's a funny ol' kook. the guy in front of him in the strip search line had metal somewhere in his private parts (parts more private than my friend's hips) and this was holding up the line and he thought he was going to miss his flight, so the pants started to come down as he yelled for someone to come over and inspect his hips right then and there. lol...i can see myself doing crazy stuff like that when i'm old.

he tried the note from the doc--sometimes it works in small airports, but since most of his travel is between LA and NYC, the note doesn't go over too well

LMAO!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My mom's best friend has a screw in one of her feet, and she says that now she sets the alarms off. My husband has absolutely NO metal anywhere in him, but heALWAYS sets off every metal detector he goes through. He tells them right out that he'll need to be wanded, but they make him walk through first anyway. We haven't flown anywhere since last summer, so it's not a problem at airports yet. It's mostly at motorcycle shows, so I don't think they care too much.

Keep these stories coming. They are hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom