About Schmidt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Go see it.
I recommend it.

However a warning to the fellas-
You have to endure Kathy Bates being naked.

I almost spit out my Diet Coke mid swallow when assaulted w that naked image on the bigscreen:huh:
That was a good excuse to keep body doubles employed..or maybe not as the effect was perfect.:ohmy:

DB9

HelloAngel said:
I can't wait to see this!!! I :heart: Kathy Bates, but not naked! :lol: :no:
Ms Hello-
She was so naked..
and
so proud of herself kinda like the Misery character:huh:

Oh dear:huh:

Poor Jack.

Db9
;)

megan-
its a simple story w complex issuses- about a man who recently retires and learns alot about life qwite qwickly...
what to take for granted and what not to take for granted. ect.
quirky insightful and heartwarming.

db9

Last edited:
Poor Jack??? Well he's not exactly in that great shape himself! :huh: But I know what you mean...that was quite the sight. Good for her for being so brave tho.

I looooooved this movie. I was sobbing at the end. It's the perfect movie for anyone who thinks that they are too insignificant to make any contribution to the world. It really hit a nerve with me.

Anyway, I read an interview w. Jack today where he said most movies emphasize that the ultimate thing is to become President or a billionaire or something huge, when in fact it's the little things that life is about.

:up:

Mrs. Edge said:
Poor Jack??? Well he's not exactly in that great shape himself! :huh

-yes poor Jack.
-There are bus loads of 20- 30 year old females that still find this man intriguing and attractive.
-Most young men do not find Kathy Bates remotely -attractive.

Good for her for being so brave tho.
:huh:

-Kathy Bates brave?:huh:
-Some would argue outta touch.
-Some would argue emotional trauma w that horrendous assault on the eyes.
-Dear me.
-Only astute film conesuiers-sp would apprciate this theatrical move

.Anyway, I read an interview w. Jack today where he said most movies emphasize that the ultimate thing is to become President or a billionaire or something huge, when in fact it's the little things that life is about.

-Good for Jack.

DB9

Last edited:
A bit chauvinist there Diamond, perhaps?

I say good for her.

And you'd better watch out-didn't you see Misery?

She's your BIGGEST FAN Diamond.

Btw, I find NOTHING remotely "intriguing" or "attractive" about Jack. A guy his age who sits at Laker games checking out girls w/ binoculars? Um, no... He's a very good actor, that's it for me.:shrug:

MrsSpringsteen said:
A bit chauvinist there Diamond, perhaps?

I say good for her.

And you'd better watch out-didn't you see Misery?

She's your BIGGEST FAN Diamond.

Btw, I find NOTHING remotely "intriguing" or "attractive" about Jack. A guy his age who sits at Laker games checking out girls w/ binoculars? Um, no... He's a very good actor, that's it for me.:shrug:

well statisically speaking, there r more young ppl of the opposite sex that find jack attractive over ms bates, ms patti
or mrs boss..
or whoever u is..:angry::sexywink:

ps my binoculars are high powered too.:)

thank u-

Diamond
:dance:

diamond said:

-There are bus loads of 20- 30 year old females that still find this man intriguing and attractive.

The reason they find him "intriguing and attractive" is because he is a rich famous and powerful movie actor!!!! That's what attracts young women to old men. That and personality of course. But if he were just some ordinary guy.....no bussloads.

--Kathy Bates brave?:huh:
Yes. It takes guts to show yourself as you truly are, to face criticism from superficial men especially!

--Some would argue outta touch.
Out of touch with what exactly? :confused:

--Some would argue emotional trauma w that horrendous assault on the eyes.

Perhaps, yes. But I don't think you have to be a film connoisseur to appreciate her audacity and nerve.

Mrs. Edge said:

The reason they find him "intriguing and attractive" is because he is a rich famous and powerful movie actor!!!! That's what attracts young women to old men. That and personality of course. But if he were just some ordinary guy.....no bussloads.
ah thanks
this helps me to understand pleba

well, ok, maybe not "understand", but still ...

Mrs. Edge said:

3-The reason they find him "intriguing and attractive" is because he is a rich famous and powerful movie actor!!!! That's what attracts young women to old men. That and personality of course. But if he were just some ordinary guy.....no bussloads.

1- Yes. It takes guts to show yourself as you truly are, to face criticism from superficial men especially!

2-Out of touch with what exactly? :confused:

4-audacity and nerve. [/B]

1 HONESTY HURTS.

2-REALITY.:rolleyes:

3-what salome said:)

4-audacity and nerve do not always equal art..

thank u-

DB9

Last edited:
Salome said:
ah thanks
this helps me to understand pleba

well, ok, maybe not "understand", but still ...

Aaah but you see....the members of U2 are not only rich and powerful and talented and charismatic, but gorgeous and still reasonably YOUNG! Thus pleba.

Glad I could be somewhat of service. ;)

diamond, I still don't quite get what you mean. She doesn't think for one minute that she has a great bod...or that anyone else is going to think so, so where's the loss of reality? :confused: If anything, seeing her body is MORE realistic!

I never said anything about audacity equalling art....Good grief! If that were true....well let's not get into that. The only point I am making, is that it takes nerve to get naked in front of connoisseurs and non connoisseurs alike, with a bod like that and good for her.

thank u.

meegannie said:
Who's Jack????? :scream:

What is this movie you all speak of???

meegannie, they're talking about Jack Nicholson in "About Schmidt."

They filmed part of the movie on U. of Nebraska's Lincoln campus, so my brother's girlfriend (who goes there) made him go to the movie last night. He said he liked it, but didn't mention the Kathy Bates nudity. :eeklaugh: I'll have to ask him about it... ;)

Mrs. Edge said:

Aaah but you see....the members of U2 are not only rich and powerful and talented and charismatic, but gorgeous and still reasonably YOUNG! Thus pleba.

Glad I could be somewhat of service. ;)

The only point I am making, is that it takes nerve to get naked in front of connoisseurs and non connoisseurs alike, with a bod like that and good for her.

thank u. [/B]

Actually I started to like the band when they were only reasonably well-off but majorily attractive. They've grown older but are still attractive, but more so have that charisma. Jack does have that so evil grin going for him still.

Diamond, all women do age, unless you want to look like Joan Rivers with no face left, some better than others. I think she broke a new barrier for women in films.:sexywink:

I haven't seen the movie yet but I plan to soon so I'll withhold my comments until I've seen it.

And I don't really want to see Kathy Bates naked...or Jack for that matter, no matter how rich and interesting he might be. :no:

zonelistener said:
I like the movie.

Anyone want to adopt a orphan baby?

Well, that was the best part....and it's the most brilliant fundraising scheme ever! Foster Parents Plan was madly handing out brochures when we got out. Now if only someone would do a movie about adopting a dog....my charity would have it made. ;)

But seriously, I thought it was such a touching movie.:yes:

Mrs. Edge said:

. ;)

, with a bod like that and good for her.

. [/B]

my point is that i she didnt have to b completely naked to drive home the point that she had an unattractive overbearing personality..
there was no point to this.
her lousy table manners and bad form were convincing enough.
her nakedness was overkill and coulda cause serious trauma for a few innocent male viewers like me:angry:

we got the point w/o her parading around all proudly naked
thats all.:down:

thank u.

db9
:angry:

Last edited:
"We're so body-conscious in this country that it's a shame, really. I think we live with very unrealistic expectations of what we should look like," said Bates. Her nude scene in 'About Schmidt' is one that may help others with body image issues. She plays an aging hippie and strips for a soak in a hot tub with Jack Nicholson. Bates worked with the director to make the scene something she felt good about, "I battled to make myself comfortable, and he battled to get what he wanted. We met in the middle." Bates said.

deep said:
"We're so body-conscious in this country that it's a shame, really. I think we live with very unrealistic expectations of what we should look like," said Bates. Her nude scene in 'About Schmidt' is one that may help others with body image issues. She plays an aging hippie and strips for a soak in a hot tub with Jack Nicholson. Bates worked with the director to make the scene something she felt good about, "I battled to make myself comfortable, and he battled to get what he wanted. We met in the middle." Bates said.

...they both need an ass-kicking for bad direction in this scene.:angry:

cant Ms Bates find a different crusade?
please .

thank u:angry:

db3

diamond, shut up already. you made your point. you didnt like seeing kathy bates body. now go call someone who cares. thank you:angry:

I saw About Schmidt on Christmas Day....I liked it, thought it was funny, but I liked Catch Me if You can much better :yes:

Walkron, isn't your sig just a little on the big side? and are those nekkid ladies? :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom