About Schmidt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
icelle said:
diamond, shut up already. you made your point. you didnt like seeing kathy bates body. now go call someone who cares. thank you:angry:
hey-
now i like that-
ppl who do not mince words.:up:
thank u
db3
:angry:

Last edited:
You go Icelle! :up:

Here's a great quote I found from Kathy

"Hollywood needs actresses like me, women who can act real and look real on camera. So what's ironic is, I'll be working until I'm 80 because I'm not beautiful. I guess true beauty fades, but talent lasts forever" :up:

It reminds me of that quote "Beauty fades, but dumb is forever" :D Of course not all of these beautiful actresses are dumb, but some, um...

So take that Diamond

:evil:

Diamond--

perhaps you are uncomfortable with your own body and were threatened by Kathy's comfortableness with hers. Psychology 101, maybe you skipped class that day?

:up: deep, as always

joyfulgirl said:
Diamond--

perhaps you are uncomfortable with your own body and were threatened by Kathy's comfortableness with hers. Psychology 101, maybe you skipped class that day?

:up: deep, as always
ladies
now listen, this was meant as no disrespect for women.
umm im ok w my body..not to the pt of flaunting it..

in all honesty we need to asked ourselves if this were a male character like the late chris farley parading around all nakedly, would u girls come to his defense ?
:eyebrow:

see i think u gals are trying to turn this into a "Iam Woman hear me roar" platform/issue..
silliness.

im not happy w flabby asses "needlessly" parading around all too proudly in real life, art or anywhere else regardless of gender:angry:

are we clear?
and yes joyful, I know Im a "deep-thinker" ;)

thank u-
db3

Last edited:
diamond said:

ladies
now listen, this was meant as no disrespect for women.
umm im ok w my body..not to the pt of flaunting it..

in all honesty we need to asked ourselves if this were a male character like the late chris farley parading around all nakedly, would u girls come to his defense ?
:eyebrow:

see i think u gals are trying to turn this into a "Iam Woman hear me roar" platform/issue..
silliness.

im not happy w flabby asses "needlessly" parading around all too proudly in real life, art or anywhere else regardless of gender:angry:

are we clear?
and yes joyful, I know Im a "deep-thinker" ;)

thank u-
db3

While certain body types may not be aesthetically pleasing to many people's eyes, I personally don't find the idea of them in a film such as this any more offensive than the way skinny naked women are 'paraded' (as you say) around in our culture perpetuating the myth of what beauty is supposed to look like. It's been extremely damaging to women. People (men and women) of all body types should feel free to take their clothes off in the movies if they want to and and to let it all hang out on the beach too, if they want. If you find it offensive it is your problem, not theirs. Yes, I'd probably come to Chris Farley's defense, too (we saw as much of his flesh on SNL as the censors would allow anyway).

And yes, I am woman and I am Leo, hear me roar.

Artist Spencer Tunick traveled around the USA photographing naked people (including thousands of people who took their clothes off for him at a Phish concert). I think his work is beautiful (maybe some of you saw the documentary "Naked Pavement"?). Since I don't think I should be posting naked pictures here, check the website and click under New York and New Jersey and you will see a large man and large woman, and tell me this isn't beautiful!

www.i-20.com/neo/artists/tunick

*edited to say he photographed naked people posing in public places*

Last edited:
And another thing ... (I'm on a roll here) ... I'd rather look at overweight naked people having fun in a hot tub in the movies than watch murder, rape, and all the other disgusting stuff that Hollywood and the media in general feeds the public.

Just for the record, I was not trying to be argumentative, or turn anything into a platform. I was merely saying that she was brave to show her body to one and all, especially as it doesn't fit in with what people find aesthetically pleasing, and people are of course going to have this sort of reaction.

The fact is, a lot of people look like this (and I was reading in the paper today that 61% of Americans are obese) so regardless of if you like this sort of body, this adds a dose of realism to the glamorous movie world. Whether it needed to be shown is debatable.

And yes, I would defend Chris Farley, but be grossed out at the same time.

yes yeah sure u would defend him
but

would u say-
"Oh good for him, his such a brave fellow for making himself sooo
vulernable showing off his flabby ass body..rolleyes:

of course u wouldnt:angry:

which is the point.

db3

diamond said:
yes yeah sure u would defend him
but

would u say-
"Oh good for him, his such a brave fellow for making himself sooo
vulernable showing off his flabby ass body..rolleyes:

of course u wouldnt:angry:

which is the point.

db3

Pls don't put words in my mouth.

Actually, I think ANYONE who appears naked with a less than perfect body is brave. But just because you are BRAVE doesn't mean you are tasteful, vulnerable, wonderful, or anything else. Merely brave.

The expectations for women to have perfect bodies FAR exceeds the expectations for men. I think it's admirable that she is so comfortable in her own skin.

That is all.

Mrs. Edge said:

Pls don't put words in my mouth.

Actually, I think ANYONE who appears naked with a less than perfect body is brave. But just because you are BRAVE doesn't mean you are tasteful, vulnerable, wonderful, or anything else. Merely brave.

The expectations for women to have perfect bodies FAR exceeds the expectations for men. I think it's admirable that she is so comfortable in her own skin.

That is all.
the person in question has cooties, end of discussion.

ppl would be shocked to know that I was in a small film known as ali baba and the 40 vixen thieves...I was nude for the running time of this film...I believe that my body image suits this fine piece of art

It is all right here!

Mrs. Edge said:

Well, that was the best part....and it's the most brilliant fundraising scheme ever! Foster Parents Plan was madly handing out brochures when we got out. Now if only someone would do a movie about adopting a dog....my charity would have it made. ;)

But seriously, I thought it was such a touching movie.:yes:

That's what Rachelle and I were thinking as we left the theater. I think I mentioned that to you as you guys were walking into Gangs of New York.

P.S. Jess........got your e-mail. :der: :der: I should have known. :der:

Kind of ambient.....I loved it. I thought Nicholson was great (as usual), and Kathy Bates was hilarious. It has a lot of emotion, and really goes to show that life of "quiet desparation" that it is said men really live.

In light of that, it has some great laughs, too.

Back
Top Bottom