about James Taylor - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2002, 06:31 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:28 AM
Follower's Balinese Banquet

Sorry I didn't address your original question. The mention of James Taylor was just so timely with my rearranging the shelves, going thru old records, old times.I was listening to Jackson Browne around then too and John Mayall and David Bowie. Great music back then...

Great music now too

I using that row of smilies
I wish you could join us, I'll tell them...walk on, be strong.
You have definitley helped JT sell one extra album. I lok to forward to hearing it one day.

to you

Old 08-20-2002, 04:08 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

YOUR Love Has Brougth Me Around

selamat pagi........(I think, they have a different gretting depending on the time of day...I think it's pagi/earlymorning)
As much as the 3 Nyomens' enjoy my charades, I think I should get an Indonesian/English dictionary and learn some of their language.

Silly me , forgot to send the car around to you earlier

Beep Beep....jump in sister
Attached Thumbnails
yourcarawaits.jpg  

Old 08-21-2002, 03:28 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

unexpected meetings

I am trying to curaill my personal "cass stories" but o follower, what just happened.
I went along to the luncheon, far more women and children arrived than I expected. I felt so priveleged. I was seated next to a woman I had never met before, very elegant woman. She touched my shoulder at one point and said 'sorry the tears come to my eyes". It is 12 months ago today that her husband died.She came to Australia in 1974 as the wife of an Indonesian diplomat. I told her about the interview with Bono in the Rolling Stone magazine and him saying Bali was the most beautiful place he visited in 2001 (always with the U2, can't help myself, even to 69 year old balinese women). I told her today 21st August was special for him to. Gave us both a moment to ponder.
She later asked, do I sing? not sure why. She told me if you have music you will always be happy. Cool very reassuring.She is going back to live in Indonesia at the end of the month, leaving behind her daughter and grandchildren.it was a sad parting. Felt as though I had known her for ages. She wants me to visit her in Indonesia....I WANT to visit her in Indo...one day!!!

On the way home I called in at a Phillipina friends place. She has been frustrated lately, trying to communicate.with the Aussie locals..she said "Australians don't listen!!!" I KNOW!!! I shall endeavour to more now I know ..... just had to tell that story.

PS:I saw the local newspaper photographer(who I know vaguely) walk past and went to ask him to take a photo of us all to keep as memory of the day. I think he is going to write an article about multi-culturalism...you just never know what will happen....
My Philipina friend is so strong..she told me today
"Don't worry about it... but think about it!!!"

And don't get me started on their babies...

as Pink Floyd once said, when I am at gatherings like that., I..wish U Were here

there is a story about an electric storm and what happened when my friend was back in Bali last year, powerful incident.......zip the lip
Peace