About Digital Cameras...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks to everyone who offered their advice!

LivLuv...thanks for helping me to decide on which one was better for prices, etc...you really helped me in that respect, given the fact that there's a certain price limit I had in mind :up:

Iris...good question about the batteries! I'm wondering what's better....rechargeable vs regular batteries...or if there's really no difference. :der:

oh and yah...Sicy...that pic of Zoey came out crystal clear! :cute:
Such a pretty cat!

Rechargeable LiIon are the best. They will cost you less in the long run, are very compact, and minimize the weight and size of your camera.

I have Olympus Camedia (with 3.2 mega pixels, though) and I love it! It's my first digital camera and all the pictures I've taken so far are grrrrrrreat! I've also taken photos at night and in the freezing winter weather and I can not complain. It's easy to use so I think it's a good one to start with!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
damn the rechargable battery docking thing is expensive. I opted for the cheap $9.00 one instead of the $39.00

hey Iris...:wave:

which one did you get?

i don't have the camera yet...gotta wait until the 25th:grumpy:

i'm just getting ideas for later...

thanks anitram for advice on batteries!

you guys are fookin awesome...that's all i gotta say...

i started this thread knowing absofuckinglutely nothing about digital cameras...and you've all helped me SO much :up:

oh and LivLuv...if you could find your old thread about the same thing and post the link here, that would fookin rock, babe! :sexywink:

Heh, no one really responded to my thread. Instead, I talked to people I know that are either into photography or technology and they help me pick. I also joined a Canon message board and those guys were super-helpful (but all pro-Canon of course). Also, just reading loads of reviews help, especially the ones where the reviewer gets the camera and does all these tests on it, shows you sample pics, etc.

here's a few random pics I've taken (I had to compress them a bit) if you wanna see some colors. Some were taken on a very overcast/rainy day so the sky will be a bit too white. I'm no photographer and haven't had time to learn to properly use the camera so I'm sure I could do better if I didn't just use AUTO mode all the time.

daisies.jpg
walnuts.jpg

marina.jpg
flowers.jpg

duck.jpg

redflower.jpg

Last edited:
Those were with the Canon PowerShot S1 IS and these were with a Canon PowerShot A75 (sorry, these are quite grainy b/c they were compressed in a crappy program, the real ones are much clearer):

sleep.JPG

sit.JPG

peekaboo.JPG

berries.JPG

Here are some taken with a Canon S410:

Picture123-vi.jpg

Picture127-vi.jpg

IMG_0013-vi.jpg

And by comparison, some taken with a Canon EOS:

st_jacobsriver-vi.jpg

And a Fuji Finepix:

TulumBeach5-vi.jpg

Pick your poison. :wink:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I love my Canon EOS Rebel. :heart:

I want to learn how to use that camera better.

Is that the digital Rebel or just the regular film Rebel? I've had my Eos Rebel (non-digital) for over 10 years and it's a great camera. I'm very partial to Canons myself.

I'm not much of a digital camera fan until my friend visited me with her Canon PowerShot S400. I was impressed what that point-and-shoot can do. I now own an S400 myself and it's very crisp.

mmmBono: The one rule of thumb I found useful was that the camera brands (Canon, Nikon, etc.) produce better images than the technology brands. The only decision you have to make is how many megapixels you want. The S400 is 4 megapixels. There is now a 5 megapixel Canon, but it's a bit more expensive.

I need to learn how to use this new digital camera better. I took it to take photos of my niece tonight during her Christmas performance at her school. I had a lot of fuzzy pics and red eyes. :der: :huh: I used all sorts of different settings but I am not sure which one was the best to use because the quality came out different in all of the settings I was using.

Back
Top Bottom