About Creed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

The Fly
I'm an italian U2 fan and I wonder why here in Europe (especially in Italy) radios and MTV don't broadcast any Creed song or video. I spent one month last summer in the US and know that Creed is, by this moment, the most successful and popular band in the States. I watched many times on VH1 the video of a powerful and really beautiful song (One last breath) and I really liked it.I can't understand why musical majors didn't export Creed in Europe, there are many american bands that have a huge success here such as Linkin Park, chili peppers, Limp Bizkit, R.E.M. ect..., so why not Creed?
I mean it's very strange that here in Europe nobody knows the most popular band of America, isn't?

Europe doesn't know much about Creed because they are pure rubbish. And, I would also like to contend that they are intensely disliked in most of the nation. Record sales do not always indicate that *everyone* is buying a single album.

ooooh....
deathbear LOVES creed
and he will LOVE this thread
:sexywink:

Creed is trash pure an simple. It's over wrought, derivativeand I find the whole enterprise highly pompous. It seems like manufactured feeling, being big and towering for the sake of looking profound. Plus their lead singer is an Eddie vedder wannabe, and from the video's it seems their guitarist thinks he'd a guitar god. If any one wants definte proof they suck go listen to the acoustic version of With Arms wide open. I had to try very hard not to laugh at this. WIthout effects this band's 'soaring' sound is nothing.

Oh yes and then there was the notion that got out in the music press that Creed' latest album was going to be the next Joshua Tree. George Stomboulopoulous (I know I spelled that wrong), the VJ who reported it on Much Music (Canada's home grown music channel) laughed openly as he finished reporting that piece of tripe, as we all should.

Creed being called 'trash' is pure opinion. Even though I do not have any of their cd's and don't plan to buy them, they are much better than a lot of the garbage out there like Limp Bizkit, System of a Down, Papa Roach, rap, raprock, boybands, etc. I really never understood why they are so vehemently hated here like they're the worst thing in the world when so much else that sucks so much more. So they're not as great as U2, but they are hardly 'trash' or at least not as trashy as so much other junk going around. At least they can write tunes and don't just stomp and scream like so many others.

Creed is crap!! Oh wait that's opinion too.

Okay, the suck!! Damn, I did it again.

How's about this 'un. Scott Stapp no range, he's an Eddie Veddar rip off, and he write songs that have cheeseball, I take myself far too serious, like "Sermon On Your Mount"!! Nuff said?

Creed is a fantastically lame Pearl Jam ripoff.

I really like System of a Down, they make their own type of music and they're original. Good enough for me.

seriously, i cant get over this. u2kitten and bastian are you just fooling around or are you serious?

U2Kitten said:
Creed being called 'trash' is pure opinion. Even though I do not have any of their cd's and don't plan to buy them, they are much better than a lot of the garbage out there like Limp Bizkit, System of a Down, Papa Roach, rap, raprock, boybands, etc. I really never understood why they are so vehemently hated here like they're the worst thing in the world when so much else that sucks so much more. So they're not as great as U2, but they are hardly 'trash' or at least not as trashy as so much other junk going around. At least they can write tunes and don't just stomp and scream like so many others.

HAVE YOU HEARD ANY OF THEIR SONGS?!

they dont scream?! not that there is anything wrong with screaming (sometimes anyway :wink:) but thats all he does! he doesnt know what hes doing!

my blood is boiling.

*leaves thread before he erupts

Blacksword said:
Oh yes and then there was the notion that got out in the music press that Creed' latest album was going to be the next Joshua Tree. George Stomboulopoulous (I know I spelled that wrong), the VJ who reported it on Much Music (Canada's home grown music channel) laughed openly as he finished reporting that piece of tripe, as we all should.

That guy is my hero!

u2popmofo said:
Good job arw9797, no one will give you crap for that! hehehhehe

LOL! I almost made referrence to that but I thought I'd let it go!

by the way, U2popmofo, I'm glad you have an avatar now. It personalized your posts :)

if i were ever elected into a seat of power, id do everything to eliminate such putrid examples of social entertainment.

creed and their followers should be treated like dogs. shitty dogs that people dont like.

Europe is not emotionally ready to experience the heart-wrenching epics that Creed has defined Rock&Roll by.

CREED 'N' ROLL BABY!!!!!!

Johnny Swallow said:
Europe is not emotionally ready to experience the heart-wrenching epics that Creed has defined Rock&Roll by.

CREED 'N' ROLL BABY!!!!!!

haha. that should be someones signature.

This is the 14th version of this thread. Creed is crap.

You can also go find about 14 threads about our hatred of KISS.

While I'm at it, J-Lo completely sucks too. Sure, she's hot, but who cares. Jenny from the Block is one of the worst things I've ever heard, as is that DJ song she has. Pretty much anything by her is horrible. It's odd that even if you have a group of 14 people writing your songs, they still cant put anything together worth shiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom