About Coldplay's next album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
socceroo said:
I love the X&Y album. I humbly apologise.

I hated it when it first came out, but I listened to it about 2 weeks ago and it wasn' that bad. The singles kinda sucked though (Speed of Sound, Fix You...).

The bass riff in white shadows is groovetastic :up:

Supposedly due for release in September 2007. Bring it on I say..

The less time a band spends recording an album, the better it usually is.

Coldplay... hmm yeah here's a band badly in the need of re-invention. I thought that Parachutes was a quietly charming, low-key debut; follow-up was uneven but still a right step towards bigger sound; while X&Y was all awash in grandiosity and lush epic production but had two decent memorable songs at the most.

Of course the catch with re-invention and trying new things is that you might just end up showing your limitations as a band while attempting things beyond your range and talent. I still look forward to Coldplay's new one though if only out of curiosity what they end up doing next.

The new site is interesting, although I'm having difficulty navigating it. The new layout and stars could be a hint that the new album is progressing faster than we think, even to the point of having an artwork scheme.

Regardless, I'd be willing to bet my left testicle that it isn't released in September.

intedomine said:

lame :tsk:

I don't like the new website, it's confusing and apparently they're ripping off U2 with their website now too - with the bizarre (and useless) timeline bar.

The funny writing may be cute to some people but I can barely make out what it says, did his daughter do it or something?

elevated_u2_fan said:

lame :tsk:

I don't like the new website, it's confusing and apparently they're ripping off U2 with their website now too - with the bizarre (and useless) timeline bar.

The funny writing may be cute to some people but I can barely make out what it says, did his daughter do it or something?

coldplay.com >>> u2.com

:|

c'mon xavi... MF..... 22:p

Of course I know that U2 invented the timeline (they also invented the Internet :shh: )

All I'm sayin' is that U2.com looks slightly more "professional" currently than Coldplay.com...

Coldplay.com looks like it was designed by a 3 year old while we all know that U2.com is run by 3 year olds... :wink:

what do you think of "PROSPEKT" btw?

Last edited:
Nowhere has it said Prospekt is the album title. From how I read it, someone close to the studio is referring to him or herself as prospekt. Probably Phil.

Anyway, apparently the album is slated for February or March. We'll see if that holds up.

I don't like too the new site. I prefered the old one. And that handwritting is too confusing, I almost can't read it...

Instead, wait for more news from the album... seems a bit secret:wink:

coldplayonaplanehz7.jpg

So there's an update at: http://www.coldplay.com/

From what I understand ( for the love of all things holy please get rid of the illegible handwriting!) the band along with Brian Eno have been recording in Barcelona. Apparently, the album will have some Spanish/Latin influence. Sounds very interesting....but very familiar.

Where have I heard this before? :hmm:

That is a really crappy website they have. I suppose it will get better but man I had real issues trying to read things on there. For launching of a new website that might just be the worst one ever.

That website makes my head hurt.:| A couple months ago they said they were going have to have a strong rock influence. Now it's Latin?:huh:

Maybe we're going to get a cross between Pearl Jam and Menudo!:happy:

Pearnudo, anyone?:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom