About 6,000 music fans walk out on Creed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

david

ONE love, blood, life
I got this from Blamo.org:

There was a moment near the end of KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas that should give hope to serious rock fans. The two-night, sold-out affair came to a close Sunday night (Dec. 8) with a headlining set by Southern rock juggernaut Creed. Midway through the opening song, Scott Stapp's microphone went silent. The singer stormed offstage, and the crowd erupted in round of boos, but then something even more unexpected happened: the Universal Amphitheater audience began to chant for Coldplay, who had just wrapped an impressive 40-minute set.

Creed was ready to go after a five-minute break, but when it was apparent Coldplay would not be returning, the crowd of about 6,000 departed, leaving Creed to play to a practically empty amphitheater. Radio programmers take heed: rock fans have a voice. If the massive L.A. crowd is any indication, it isn't saying Creed, Disturbed, or P.O.D. The latter two acts had the misfortune of closing out Saturday night's show, with P.O.D.'s guitarist Marcus Curiel pleading to the rapidly thinning crowd that "traffic isn't that bad."

big.jpg

:down:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that is great!! if you think about it, how many bands have you read about or seen where the lead singer's mic goes out, and he or she DOESN'T storm off the stage...they deserved 6,000 people leaving...

:lmao:

that's the fuuniest thing i've heard all day. it's about time that happened.

i'm almost embarassed for them......almost. :p

Scott Fatt scares me.

But yeah, these guys could stand to be humbled. And Coldplay deserves to feel a little special after releasing a masterpiece like A Rush of Blood to the Head and putting on such great live shows, so it all works out.

Last edited:
hopefully this is some indication that the days of creed-rock are coming to a close....people have gotten a taste of real music now...

maybe

I dunno

I'm actually surprised, because the kroq audience is all about creed and nickelback etc., so for them to yell for coldplay is interesting.

hmmmm......maybe there is a God after all.

merry christmas.:mac:

Do any of you have any idea how hard it is to be me?

Do you know how long it takes me to get my hair as perfect as it is?

Do you know how hard it is ripping off real bands?

Do you know how tough it is to convince the American public that I'm not a complete loser?

:sad:

ScottyStapp said:

Do you know how tough it is to convince the American public that I'm not a complete loser?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ScottyStapp said:

Do you know how hard it is for me to listen to your awful, grating, stupid voice?

do you know how sick and tired I am of hearing your guitar player come up with a riff that's based on D major 7?

do you know that you and your band suck moose balls?

just wondering.:madspit:

"booing" a band

I live in Memphis........where a certain other band was "booed" horribly. If I recall, there were several thousand folks there that night, also........

NOW that group is the #1 rock band in the world. A roomful of people booing is just annoying. But, you know they say, "the masses are asses."

which other band?

are you somehow saying we shouldnt boo creed? cause if you are, then i boo you with a room full of others.

Re: "booing" a band

bonofnattic said:
I live in Memphis........where a certain other band was "booed" horribly. If I recall, there were several thousand folks there that night, also........

NOW that group is the #1 rock band in the world. A roomful of people booing is just annoying. But, you know they say, "the masses are asses."

You must be referring to O-Town.........:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom