A warm torrent of water to wash your ass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
So apparently we're finally getting some of those neat-o Japanese toilet innovations in North America.

So, guys, would you trade in your toilet paper for a warm torrent of water massaging your ass when you're done your business?

aaa46448lrghz4.jpg

hydrowandsq9.jpg
hydrowandsq9.jpg
hydrowandsq9.jpg

71820024.jpg

Here's a picture I took of the one in my hotel room in Tokyo. Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. When I lived in W. Africa people used water and the left hand...this just eliminates the hand. :shrug: When you think about it, it leaves one a lot cleaner than just spreading stuff around with a piece of paper. :silent:

waynetravis said:
would'nt your wet ass soak your pants? or does the loo come with a blow dryer too?

That's what I want to know. If you do away with toilet paper, how do you dry your butt? Do you have to carry a towel with you?

Or do you shake it dry?

corianderstem said:

That's what I want to know. If you do away with toilet paper, how do you dry your butt? Do you have to carry a towel with you?

Or do you shake it dry?

Ahhh, this brings back memories of my days in Peace Corps, giving the new trainees their "welcome to the Malian toilet" talk. You really wanna know???? Ok, you have a couple of options. 1. Shake it, shake it, shake it! 2. Keep a bit of toilet paper around and use it to dry off. 3. Learn to live with a wet butt.

Actually, I think (tho I may be wrong) that some of these fancy Japanese loos do come with some sort of drying system. I remember one in the Narita airport that could play music (serenade you while you do your bizness?) or even play the sound of a toilet flushing in order for you to disguise the other (ahem) noises you might need to make whilst in the public restroom. What will they think of next? :lol:

sulawesigirl4 said:
Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. When I lived in W. Africa people used water and the left hand...this just eliminates the hand. :shrug: When you think about it, it leaves one a lot cleaner than just spreading stuff around with a piece of paper. :silent:

:yes: That's how they've been doing it for years in most of India! Sure, there's toilet paper also available but the reasoning is the same one you gave. Why spread it around when you can wash it off! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom