A Voltron Movie...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevated_u2_fan

Blue Crack Supplier
:happy:

'Voltron' gets bigscreen go
Mark Gordon sets up robot film at New Regency
By MARC GRASER

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117970000.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

New Regency is looking to assemble its own giant robot movie.
The 20th Century Fox-based production entity is close to a deal with the Mark Gordon Co. to adapt "Voltron: Defender of the Universe" into a live-action film.

Gordon has been developing the pic, based on the popular 1980s Japanese animated TV series, comicbooks and toy line, with Justin Marks penning the script.

Should the deal close, project would be one of the company's more high-profile efforts since Robert Harper took over as chairman-CEO of Regency Filmed Entertainment earlier this year.

Interest in the property hit a high after "Transformers" turned into a box office juggernaut, raking in nearly $300 million to date.

New Regency, which hasn't had a major hit since "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" in 2005, sparked to the idea of a potential franchise.

Company's upcoming pics include "Alvin and the Chipmunks," the Doug Liman-directed "Jumper," the Alexandre Aja-helmed "Mirrors" and the Eddie Murphy starrer "Starship Dave."

Marks' take is described as a post-apocalyptic tale set in New York City and Mexico. Five ragtag survivors of an alien attack band together and end up piloting the five lion-shaped robots that combine and form the massive sword-wielding Voltron that helps battle Earth's invaders.

Gordon will produce with Lawrence Inglee and Jordan Wynn, who are shepherding the project at the Gordon Co., which has Roland Emmerich's "10,000 B.C." bowing next from Warner Bros. Mark Costa and Ford Oelman are exec producers.

"Voltron" pic has been in the works for nearly three years, with Jim Young's Animus Films funding its development.

Marks has become a go-to guy in Hollywood for comicbook, videogame and toy-based adaptations.

He is adapting "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" for Joel Silver at Warner Bros., as well as the Green Arrow pic "Supermax," also at the studio. Marks also has "Street Fighter" in the works at Hyde Park and Fox.

This is my favorite part:
Marks' take is described as a post-apocalyptic tale set in New York City and Mexico. Five ragtag survivors of an alien attack band together and end up piloting the five lion-shaped robots that combine and form the massive sword-wielding Voltron that helps battle Earth's invaders.

What...the...fuck? :angry:

Well, that's another fond memory from my childhood raped for profit ... :up:

:sigh:

For those who would rather remember the good times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FaLY94dYVA

elevated_u2_fan said:
God have mercy on our souls if The Gobots ever get a movie... :no:

Jesus Christ, apparently they already do!!! :huh:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091123/

I love the A-Listers who lent their voice "tallents":

Roddy McDowall
Telly Savallas :drool:

Margot Kidder

Kathleen Turner

Pretty much sums up the Gobots vs the Transformers... The Transformers get Orson Wells and the Gobots get Margot kidder. :lol:

Last edited:
Fuck you Gobots, seriously.

I liked Voltron, but, enjoyed the Transformers more. Anyone remember the 2nd Voltron, which was comprised of 15 vehicles that could form into 3 bigger vehicles or the one Voltron?

I'd like to see a big screen Ro-Beast, though.

Voltron can suck a donkey shlong.

As for this movie, it should be a roaring failure. Can't wait to see what happens.

i liked voltron better than transformers back in the day :reject:
that being said, i'm still holding out for a DinoSaucers film. and it better fucking be animated :angry:
i thought Ronin Warriors was the best of all.

Space Moon kicks ass, without the kicking or the ass. Voltron cannot claim the same, and I know not what these DinoSaucers are, but I do know that the fucking Dinobots better show up in the next Transformers film. Holla at your boy, Swoop!

I demand a Beast Wars film. Immediately. And it better not have any fucking humans in it.

No spoken words said:
Space Moon kicks ass, without the kicking or the ass. Voltron cannot claim the same, and I know not what these DinoSaucers are, but I do know that the fucking Dinobots better show up in the next Transformers film. Holla at your boy, Swoop!

Rumors are that Unicron was scrapped for this film so he could appear in the sequel. And the voice actor for Unicron... James Earl Jones.

Darth Vader as Unicron? Holy shit.

Dinobots would be amazing, too.

Back
Top Bottom