A Very Special Episode of the Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have my mom come over and start an IV of coffee for you, April--she passed her IV clinical rotation last week! :hyper:

(My mom is in nursing school...don't know how many of you knew that. She'll be graduating in December.)

Most of the girls my age that I work with are married, except for the one who lives with her boyfriend and is getting engaged this summer.

:shrug: I've ceased to care, though. I wouldn't want to get married until I knew everything was right. My ex-fiance and I wouldn't have lasted. I'd love to get married someday, but I don't feel like there's anything wrong with me because it hasn't happened yet.

Besides, I have some pretty exciting happenings on the relationship front myself, anyway. :flirt: And who knows...

I used to worry about not getting married/having a bf. But when I decided to call it quits with the guy I was seeing last September, I vowed to myself that I was going to take care of myself first and not worry about being in a relationship. As of right now I don't feel this overwhelming need to have a bf/get married. It feels really good being single at the moment. :)

I have a meeting with the digital assets manager here in a couple of minutes...it's supposed to take half an hour, but nothing with him is ever short. :crack:

He's a really nice guy, but I feel like :crazy: after a meeting with him. Why can't Ewen just come and explain everything to me? :wink:

:wave:

I'm back home from an afternoon's shopping (behave April). I got my kilt belt and buckle ($100 for a feckin belt and buckle!!!!).

Pax, while I was wandering about, I decided to take a detour from the main shopping areas and visit the 'old town' part of Edinburgh and stumbled across "The Writers' Museum", dedicated to Sir Walter Scott, Robert Burns and Robert Louis Stevenson. It was quite a tiny place and off the beaten track as it were. I went to the basement which was the R.L.S. floor. Wow, it was amazing to see some of the stuff that actually belonged to this hero of mine, including the footboard to the bed he slept in as a child. I looked to see if I could see nail marks...he apparently had vivid nightmares when he was a child and would be found by either his parents or nanny clinging to the base of his bed crying. These nightmares were to surface again in later years when he set out to write his famous 'The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" novell. There were marks alright.

ewen said:
:wave:

I'm back home from an afternoon's shopping (behave April). I got my kilt belt and buckle ($100 for a feckin belt and buckle!!!!).

Pax, while I was wandering about, I decided to take a detour from the main shopping areas and visit the 'old town' part of Edinburgh and stumbled across "The Writers' Museum", dedicated to Sir Walter Scott, Robert Burns and Robert Louis Stevenson. It was quite a tiny place and off the beaten track as it were. I went to the basement which was the R.L.S. floor. Wow, it was amazing to see some of the stuff that actually belonged to this hero of mine, including the footboard to the bed he slept in as a child. I looked to see if I could see nail marks...he apparently had vivid nightmares when he was a child and would be found by either his parents or nanny clinging to the base of his bed crying. These nightmares were to surface again in later years when he set out to write his famous 'The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" novell. There were marks alright.

PLEASE add it to the itinerary! :hyper:

i decided to have a dress rehearsal. PAX, as I write, I'm dressed in my white ghillie shirt and black waistcoat, kilt (of course), sporran, NEW BELT AND BUCKLE ($100!!!! :madspit: ), long socks with tartan flashes, shoes.

i'd do me! :lol: :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Does anyone want to know the funny thing that happened last night or not? :p

only if it doesn't require an over 18 certificate from the board of censors.

oh, i forgot to say pax.....couldn't get a Highland Cow (Heeland Coo) buckle. I asked though and ummm the guy just laughed at me! :mad: . I got a nice one with a Celtic pattern, the belt itself also has a Celtic pattern on it. I asked someone if she knew if there was ANYWHERE that I could get a plaid sheep, again I was greeted with laughter :mad: when did i become a comedian?! :mad:

pax said:
:combust:

Aw, hell, get here, April 27th! :sexywink:

come over here, sit on my lap and get some! :wink:

btw, i'm not being a 'true Scotsman' if you know what I mean. Not today anyhow. April 27th will be different. :wink:

:whistle:

I don't think we're getting to hear April's funny story. Unless it's taking some time to write it.

:: rustles up an extra kilt hanger :: :wink:

I have this HUGE mountain of ironing to do, what with all the clothes that got folded up hastily and packed into big Tupperware containers to be hauled to the new house. :crack: And I still have to finish the laundry I started back home.

The good thing is that by Monday, the vast majority of my wardrobe (excepting stuff like sweaters and wool skirts that I don't want any part of until autumn) will be at the new place. :up:

I had to do some work, guys. :sexywink:

So, last night after chatting with Diemen for a bit (that's putting it lightly... it was 2 a.m.!) I decided to go to bed. I was just about to fall into a deep sleep when I heard this loud noise. I sat up, thinking it sounded like someone was mowing the lawn or driving a really large truck past my complex. I looked outside my bedroom window - nothing was out there. I then thought I heard it coming through the walls, so I put my ear up to the wall to see if that's what it was. Slowly, I realized where the noise was coming from. Sure enough, in my lower left drawer in my night table... :shifty:

That's like Twilight Zone material, people. A very kinky Twilight Zone, but you get the picture. :shh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom