A Very Special Episode of the Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when i was a child (many centuries ago Pax) my cat Suzy wandered into my father's greenhouse. I noticed it doing so and went over to get him out but I managed to accidently startle it. The poor thing rattled off God knows how many panes of glass until he found the right way out.

I say 'he' - Suzy was a boy! don't ask

ewen said:
(many centuries ago Pax)

:lol: I like to tell Ewen that I was four-and-a-half when The Joshua Tree first came out.

We're going to relive Ewen's long-ago childhood on the Ferris wheel at Nay Aug Park. :cute:

I have had a huge number of birds come visiting after trying to fly through glass windows. A lot end up with broken collarbones for some reason. :|

I watched it fly from outside the front of my house to the top of a silver birch tree, some 10-15 feet off the ground. It was there for a good while. When eventually I looked back to see it had gone. At no time was it sat in my flower bed, although I'm sure it must have been stunned because it made one hell of a noise! :lol:

It wasn't little either. If it wasn't a kestrel then it was a sparrowhawk. I don't think it could have been anything else that can be found in the Midlands.

The funniest thing I've ever seen was the impression of a pigeon's eye, and it's spread-eagled wings in the dirt on my parents bedroom window! :lmao:

pax said:

:lol: I like to tell Ewen that I was four-and-a-half when The Joshua Tree first came out.

We're going to relive Ewen's long-ago childhood on the Ferris wheel at Nay Aug Park. :cute:

nevermind four-and-a-half when TJT was released, you weren't even born when I got my first U2 album! :huh:

*ancient as the hills*

ewen said:

nevermind four-and-a-half when TJT was released, you weren't even born when I got my first U2 album! :huh:

Now THAT is a bizarre thought. :hmm:

You must be the envy of all your friends with your wee girlfriend! :wink:

pax said:

You must be the envy of all your friends with your wee girlfriend! :wink:

Regarding age difference...nobody's asked how old you are and I've not said, simply because it's not come up in conversation and I don't think about it.....usually :madspit:

they'll be envious of me just because of who you are.

:strolls in the bar:

Hey everyone! :wave:

: pours herself a Guinness and almost explodes with excitement:

There is just too much wonderful stuff going on with Octagoners these days! :combust: :D

And to think, I'll be the real Octagon come my birthday! I'll have to get all sorts of soiuveners (sp) for you guys!

yeah, stars. i remember when you first came here. weren't you one of the lucky souls to be listening to that Henry Rollins radio station with me in hopes to hear Vertigo for the first time?

:sips her beer:

I remember cracking up when I got an email back from Mr. Rollins after that day.

Vertigo....I feel like I have vertigo! Between the upcoming shows and planning this trip to Dublin.....ya, I've lost it. :wink:

nice! yeah, 17 days here! i think we're in for a good treat in Chicago. the band has 8 days before the stretch to rehearse new songs.

I'm going back to my family's house (the one out of which I am moving) tonight...I'm going to bring all my shoes back with me.

:shifty:

pax said:
I'm going back to my family's house (the one out of which I am moving) tonight...I'm going to bring all my shoes back with me.

is that why Daryl's friend is coming over with the truck? :wink:

From the tone of your post, I can only surmise that you are insanely jealous of my black sequined flip-flops, my black kitten-heeled slides (which I think you'll be seeing next week), my black Chinese bedroom slippers, my wooden high-heeled sandals with little leather flowers around the toes, my three pairs of Doc Martens, my vegan Birkenstocks, my black heels with straps around the ankles, my black pumps (job interview shoes, yuck), my lovely white New Balance sneakers, my black slides with the buckles that I'm wearing today (and have been for the past three days), my black hooker boots, my black ankle boots, my blue flip-flops, my pink slides, my furry pink bedroom slippers, my cow bedroom slippers, and any shoes I may have forgotten to mention in that possibly-not-comprehensive list.

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom