A very expensive crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We saw the investigation of this crash on television yesterday morning (it shut down PCH while they picked up the pieces).

The car's owner left the scene and only had a cut on his chin - despite the fact that he claimed he was the car's passenger and only the driver's side airbag deployed. I think a passenger in that car would have ended up somewhere near Oxnard after being thrown from the vehicle.

Rich people with their expensive toys.

nbcrusader said:
We saw the investigation of this crash on television yesterday morning (it shut down PCH while they picked up the pieces).

The car's owner left the scene and only had a cut on his chin -

and blood on the drivers airbag

but not on the passenger airbag

and this guys blood was drunk

and he was in speed contest with Mercedes

Dietrich, is the name of the dog that ate my homework :yes:

This is not the first time that an exceptionally wealthy person in SoCal has purchased a high performance toy and then wrecked it because they don't know how to drive high performance toys. At least this guy lived.

Motoring writer Chris Banning said: "He destroyed one of the finest cars on earth, maybe the finest. It's like taking a Van Gogh painting and burning it."

I do think this statement is a bit histrionic. It's not like we have 400 Van Gogh paintings of the same image. Now I guess we just have 399 Enzos in the world, and I'm sure it was insured. If he can afford a million dollar car, he can afford another.

Melon

Latest update....LA County Sheriff's Accident Investigators used their latest technology and concluded the vehicle was moving at 162 mph at the time of impact....:yikes:

Investigators determined that he actually outdrove the roadway; he bottomed out twice within 1/4 mile of the loss of control and the last gouge led to the LOC...

Here's food for your thought...its a speed formula that law enforcement uses...

mph (miles per hour) X 1.47 = fps (feet per second)

162 X 1.47 = 238.4 feet per second...

Kids, that's fast! :shame:

Back
Top Bottom