A very cool story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
Okay, at least I think so.

As some of you may know (cough*pleba*cough) I have a stepson named Ricky who is in a band and paints in his spare time. He is also a MAJOR Jane's Addiction fan and has followed them all over California, even losing a job to see them in Vegas last year.

One day, he was surfing the official Jane's Addiction website and came to a link to the drummer's (Stephen Perkins) personal website. When he clicked on the link, it was only a one page site that said the following:

Stephen Perkins is looking for the artist who painted this picture...if you know who he or she is, please email me. I am interested in buying it.

And right there was one of Ricky's paintings...you could even see all the crap in his living room in the picture. He doesn't know how Stephen Perkins came across the picture, but it was one that he emailed to a few friends so who knows?

Needless to say he was beyond thrilled and emailed him right away. It took a few weeks but he finally hooked up with him and sold the painting earlier this week. He wont tell me how much he sold it for but Stephen told him to stay in touch, maybe they can jam together someday. That totally rocks!

Ricky on the left....Stephen P. on the right.
335699%3A%3B23232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23233427%3A8778ot1lsi

I normally would have put this in the Pleban's forum but I thought it was more general interest...I kind of saw it as a "you never know whats around the corner" story. Ricky was feeling a little depressed about money and his future with his band and then out of the blue, this happened. I can't even imagine how I would feel if someone from U2 wanted to buy something I had painted.

Thanks everyone!

Char! That's REALLY great! I love it when random things happen (that really aren't so random after all)! I can't even imagine how that must feel to know that your heros appreciate your work like that... wow! go Ricky!

And go Char for raising him right! :D

Char that is awesome!!!!!!!!

Ricky should definately try going to different galleries and see if he can get his other work shown/sold there. He's very talented....he has a great unique style.

______
:wave: you could send him to me, I'm not an art dealer, but I can pretend to be

Back
Top Bottom