a timeout with elvis presley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
if i remember to do so, i'd like to do a segment of sorts with some of our more prolific and respected 'bang and clatter' participants.

the first of which will be directed at interference's very own elvis presley.

i'll compose an initial series of questions, of which elvis will be expected to respond. however, anyone else interested in elvis' opinion on all things music should feel free to ask him questions as well.

make sense?

wonderful.

let the games begin.

1) elvis, please give me your top five wilco songs. feel free to elaborate.

2) please describe how your personal tastes in music have evolved over time. where were you, where are you now, and where do you expect to be?

3) how do you really feel about oasis?

4) how do you really, truly feel about coldplay?

5) what would you like radiohead to do next?

6) do you plan on brainwashing your children into liking the music that you do?

7) how do you feel about u2, generally, these days? specifically, how do you feel about their most recent shift in direction (post 2000)?

8) 10 bands/artists that mean the most to you.

9) what was your wedding song?

10) if sigur ros continues to go further and further into left field (ambience w/ lots of high shrieking from our favourite icelandic male singer), will you be a happy camper?

----

i look forward to your reply... :happy:

Last edited:
answer our bitchass questions, elvis presley.

frankly, some of us are more than a little tired of this waiting game.

Zoomerang96 said:
answer our bitchass questions, elvis presley.

frankly, some of us are more than a little tired of this waiting game.

When he says "some of us", I'm included. Elvis Presley really needs to get his priorities in the right place, none of this "family before fake internet acquaintances" stuff. Why are we not important? Why??!!! Is it just because you've never seen us or even know our real names? If that's the ony reason, then I'm going to cry all night long and even into tomorrow morning. I plan on stopping crying at about 8 or so, because I'll need to get ready for work.

yes, answer the questions!! we want ANSWERSES!!! to the QUESTIONSES!!!! :scream:

If Elvis doesn't answer, I could always answer for him. You could pretend I was him. it could be fun. Or not.

Ha, who cares, we already know the answers to these questions! Why do we have to 'debate' music when everyone knwos that U2 are the greatest rock and roll band in the universe, ever!? Why!!!

Kieran McConville said:
If Elvis doesn't answer, I could always answer for him. You could pretend I was him. it could be fun. Or not.

Ha, who cares, we already know the answers to these questions! Why do we have to 'debate' music when everyone knwos that U2 are the greatest rock and roll band in the universe, ever!? Why!!!

Nah, Bon Jovi are way better. ROCK ON!!

And we all know you're Jesus, not Elvis.

Kieran McConville said:

Why do you continue to post with that horrifying and mentally scarring avatar??? why? WHY????!!!!

:drool:

why doesn't he answer the questions???

ANSWER THEM!!!

DO IT NOW!!!

Dear my so-called friends......

1) elvis, please give me your top five wilco songs. feel free to elaborate.

This is really an unfair question, as it deserves its own thread I think, Im sure we will get to that....So I wont elaborate here, just list. This list changes weekly by the way.

1--- Poor Places (my jaws been broken, the bandage is wrapped too tight)
2--- Shes a Jar (she begs me not to hit her)
3--- Ashes of American Flags ( all my lies are always wishes)
4--- Misunderstood (id like to thank you all for nothing)
5--- Muzzle of Bees (half of its you, half is me)

2) please describe how your personal tastes in music have evolved over time. where were you, where are you now, and where do you expect to be?

My personal tastes in music are quite drab and boring and have been for some time, luckily for me, most of yours here at Interference are much worse, making me look good.
I see my tastes progressing more into bands and artists that have either

a) unique and talented sound (one without the other equals shit)
b) Singer Songwriters from the 70s

3) how do you really feel about oasis?

They are quite good, nobody does britpop like them, its a shame they are such assholes, but hey, thats part of thier charm. Now if they could only remake thier first two albums and not make it feel like it had already been done...

4) how do you really, truly feel about coldplay?

I really truly loved Parachutes, I really did, and the follow up was good for a rainy day. I dont take as negative of an approach to them as some here and not nearly as positive as the junkies that claim they hear U2 in every song. I sit firmly on the fence.

Two five song EPs a year. Why not, nobody else is doing it....
Either that or do an ambient album with Jonny showcased.

6) do you plan on brainwashing your children into liking the music that you do?

Yes, I have already not let them get anywhere near MTV or the radio. My 7 year old has already been the beneficiary of a few of my mixes, and I feel is already a Grandaddy fan.

7) how do you feel about u2, generally, these days? specifically, how do you feel about their most recent shift in direction (post 2000)?

They are becoming the Rolling Stones. Slowly but surely they will be completely irrelevant at some point in the next 10 years if they continue down this path. Its a shame thier "experimental" phase is behind them, because that was my favorite. I still think they write a wicked good pop song though, and when I dust off HTDAAB I like it mostly. But I wont see them in concert again, I wont see anyone for that price, and at that big of a venue, the concert DVD is a better deal anyway.

8) 10 bands/artists that mean the most to you.

In no order

Radiohead
Wilco
U2
Grandaddy
Whiskeytown
REM
The Smiths
M Ward
Bob Dylan
Neil Young

9) what was your wedding song?

When the Stars Go Blue (she walked down the aisle to a live version)

10) if sigur ros continues to go further and further into left field (ambience w/ lots of high shrieking from our favourite icelandic male singer), will you be a happy camper?

Only if I can see them live again, Sigur and Ros need to alienate a few fans, they are starting to have too many.

:|

thank for your timely and informative response. :up:
Elvis Presley said:
My personal tastes in music are quite drab and boring and have been for some time, luckily for me, most of yours here at Interference are much worse, making me look good.
:cute:

excellent!

thank you elvis presley, i really en7oyed that. i'm not sure about anyone else, but 7udging by the responses, i'd day say they did too!

wonderful.

kieran, u2popmofo, basstrap, cu7o, yertle, financeguy

7essica ann, calluna, mvd, anitram :)heart:), 7oyful girl, heartlandgirl, etc

will all be interogated, and then sent to fend off the extremely angry russians in the eastern front.

...oh, and before that, they'll be given a similiar thread created by yours truly.

this has been fun, no? be honest, i had a good time.

Last edited:
wow

what did i tell cu7o...i'm never dropping names again. i always leave out someone.

...and you know who else i forgot?!!?!? U2ER!!!

YOUTWO-EERR!!!!!!!11ONE!!!!!11! HONESTLY!!!!!! HOW COULD I FORGET HER?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

THE BLOOD, THE PANICK THE KICKING THE SCREAMING THE VOMIT THE PARTYS THE KICKING SQUEELING GUCCI PIGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, I'M A STRONG MAN!!!!!!!! ALL THIS YELLING WON'T STOP ME FROM USING COMMA'S AND PROPER GRAMMAR, OOOOOOOH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOOOFOFOFOFOOFOFOFOOFOFOO!!!!!!!!!!!

BLOOD!!!! KILL THE MONKEY'S!!!!!! MONKEY'S!!!!! MONKEEEEEEYS!!!!!

PANICK PANICK PANICK
PANICK IN THE STREETS OF LONDON
BREAK UP BREAK DOWN
EVERYTHING IS NOT OK

EVERYTHING IS EF YOU SEE KAY'T

sorry.

my keyboard...well, you know.

like i said earlier, the "j" key is broken.

...yeah. alright. i'll leave now.

Elvis Presley said:

Two five song EPs a year. Why not, nobody else is doing it....
Either that or do an ambient album with Jonny showcased.

You mean to tell me that EP likes EPs? I cannot believe it, and stuff. :wink:

Good job, EP. Your responces were fancy, but not so fancy that they made us all embarrassed about ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom