A Tattoo thread.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:Outrageouslyjealous:

That's it. I'm calling Ed and making my appointment as soon as I get paid next Friday. I'll know where I want my next one by then. I already know what it is, it's just a matter of placement.

Sicy, that's bitchin'. I've heard that area can be painful. Was it?

I want one, but in Mexico if I'm not of legal age I cannot tattoo me... and lack some months for that :(

martha said:
Sicy, that's bitchin'. I've heard that area can be painful. Was it?

Neh.. it only took 5 minutes .. it hurt, but not any more than my others.

I think I'm used to the feeling by now :laugh:

bonosgirl84 said:
that will look sooooo cute when you wear a bikini.

Actually, that's how I got the idea! A couple weekends ago I stuck a heart sticker right there before I went to lay out, just for fun so that it would leave a white heart :lol: It looked so cute I said......... :hmm: :D

that's really cute sicy!

I got a second hole pierced in each of my ears yesterday. gee I'm a wild and crazy kid :rolleyes:
my friend got her septum pierced though :yikes:

Nice heart...

The outline of the rose hurts a little more running the length of the hip bone..they did the heart for free for one of my birthdays.

BTW...I read that tats may heat up and may cause burning to the skin in a MRI.

Attachments

• tat.jpg
    tat.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
i wanna get a new tattoo sooooooooo bad.

i've decided on the location, now i just have to decide what to get there. here's the deal, i want it on my right shoulder blade or back or whatever.

ideas:

- like a sun, moon, and stars type thing.
- my zodiac sign (leo)
- i'm not really sure. i'd love to get something beachy but i wouldn't want some incredibly detailed beach scene or anything, but i don't just want a palm tree or something because that's kinda small.

it's just so hard to decide!

my friend is going in to get a tattoo soon. I want to go with her and watch but I might end up getting one myself. I really want to get a U2 realated tattoo on my ankle. Nothing too big or with a lot of detail. Just something very simple, maybe even just the U2 logo with a tiny U2 related thing next to it.

I can't decide what I want to do. Anyone have a suggestions?

arw9797 said:
my friend is going in to get a tattoo soon. I want to go with her and watch but I might end up getting one myself. I really want to get a U2 realated tattoo on my ankle. Nothing too big or with a lot of detail. Just something very simple, maybe even just the U2 logo with a tiny U2 related thing next to it.

I can't decide what I want to do. Anyone have a suggestions?

You could get the U2 logo with a little shamrock next to it maybe?

Re: Nice heart...

therulz said:

BTW...I read that tats may heat up and may cause burning to the skin in a MRI.

I had a head MRI last year, and my whole upper body was in the tube. All my tats are up on my back, shoulders and arms. Nothing happened. The tech didn't even ask about tats. Maybe some colors have more metal in them, and that's the problem? :shrug: I don't know.

Hope you're right..

I just read that when we wre doing our mandatories for the year... it might be because it involves a needle too...or the ink..not sure..it just said it MAY cause a burning of the skin over one...??? I am glad it didn't to yours.:wave:

i like the lilacs...reminds me of a song...heh, anyways...

i'm living home and have been wearing shorts, but my parents still haven't noticed the tattoo on my ankle...heh. hopefully they don't get angry when they do...

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while now. I have a few reservations though. One, I'm bloody terrified of needles. Which is a bloody big hurdle when you want to get a tattoo. :slant:

Second - and I know this is going to make me sound like a jackass - I?m worried about the permanent nature of it. That?s the thing that's probably made me *not* get one up to this point, even more so than any needle fear. I just want to be really sure when I get it done that it is exactly what I want. I'm not going to rush into this. I'd probably get the elevation heart-in-the-suitcase. Just the black lines of the suitcase and the little (red) heart. As well as having U2 connections, it also has very personal meanings for me beyond any U2 connections. I'd been thinking about a way I could mark both my tenth year anniversary as a U2 fan, and also mark some of the life-altering things/events that have happened to me since mid-2001.

Oh, and Sicy I love your heart suitcase tattoo. What made you decide to get it colored (shaded?) in? (Kinda OT: Before I registered here I was searching the web for U2 related tattoos and stumbled across Sicy's website.)

A friend of mine is getting one done around her birthday (mid-august, she wants the nine inch nails 'black box' logo on the small of her back) and I'm going to go with her just to observe, check out the place she's having it done & have a chance to talk to the artists there.

Whew! Long post. :)

Last edited:
violet said:
I'd probably get the elevation heart-in-the-suitcase. Just the black lines of the suitcase and the little (red) heart.

That's what I have. :) It only took about five minutes to get, and was really painless.

violet said:

Second - and I know this is going to make me sound like a jackass - I?m worried about the permanent nature of it. That?s the thing that's probably made me *not* get one up to this point, even more so than any needle fear. I just want to be really sure when I get it done that it is exactly what I want. I'm not going to rush into this.

This is a good thing! So many people are really sorry because they haven't thought it through completely. You'll know when you're ready. And it may be that a tat isn't the right thing for you. That's ok!

The needle thing isn't too bad. I can't stand needles either. :shudder: I hate shots! Tattoos don't feel like shots, but they can hurt a great deal. It depends on where on your body you get it, the size of the design, and the skill of the artist with the gun.

Go with your friend. Ask the tattoo artist lots of questions, but maybe not while he's actually tattooing your friend. Any good tattoo artist will be happy to talk to you about the process.

Before you go...

It really is not that painful unless you go over a boney prominence but it is not without risks. Make sure you check out the reputation of the shop..ask them about the sterilization process and needle should be one time use. Who ever is doing it will be happy to show you. They should be able to show you the autoclave and how they clean and sterilize as well as test for sterility of their instruments. Not only that but the inks should be taken out of the container and placed in little individual disposable ones to guarantee that it isn't double dipped (it doesn't matter how sterile stuff is if the ink is out of the same jug...it's contaminated and could pass Hepatitis B, C or HIV).

It is something you might think twice about if you know it is permanant too. Bright colored ones need to be retouched sometimes...is this something you are willing to keep up with? If not don't go out and get a huge colored one...get a little one and keep it out of direct sun.

Don't do anything just becasue it's trendy or someone else did it...Do it because you want to...my little sister snuck out and got her belly button pierced and a tat because I did...(she was told not to by my parents)...hers was not done right and became infected and she took it out..luckily without it causing a huge scar or cyst...take piercing seriously..it takes a LONG time to heal enough to change rings...like 6 months before I could put the little 14k gold one in..and any opening in your skin can become infected...including your tat if not taken care of until healed (luckily mine did not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom