A Song For a Girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
There's a conference at an event I'm going to in mid-May, and there's a talent show one of those nights. I intend to sing a song and play the guitar with it, and dedicate it to a special girl. But I'm right confused as to which I should sing! I've got it short-listed to this (but not restricted to these):

Mother (Pink Floyd)
So Cruel
Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World
All I Want Is You

So help me out, which should I do? Any suggestions for other songs U2 or otherwise are appreciated.

If I knew how to make a poll I would. :huh:

Re: Re: A Song For a Girl

martha said:

This might probably wouldn't be the song to choose if you like her.

that's what i was thinking......but All I want Is You sounds good....although I can't really think of any other happy U2 love songs.

Hey Desire would be nice....but that wouldn't sound good for a solo act!

Re: Re: A Song For a Girl

martha said:

This might probably wouldn't be the song to choose if you like her.

Hmm...I just realized that. Good point. Scratch "So Cruel" from the list.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
oh... and any song that says "and a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" wouldn't be my first choice either... so it looks like you're stuck with all i want is you

Yeah, and most argue that AIWIY isn't a love song (though I personally see it as such from my own analysis).

well, aiwiy is as close as you're gonna get...plus, only u2 freaks such as us think about these things...i vote for that...

plus, if a guy played it for me, i'd die from an overdose of :cute:ness...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yeah i dunno about mother either... wouldn't be a song i'd dedicate to a girl i liked, but hey, that's just me :shrug:

Well a friend suggested it to me, so I put it on the list anyways...

Well it looks like the winner is AllI Want Is You

Unless there are any other suggestions....:)

I?d skip Mother by Pink Floyd, although it is a very beautiful deep song; but not exactly what I would play to girl. if it has to be the Floyd, Wish You Were Here would be more classical.

From your list, I?d definitely choose All I Want Is You.

There are others to consider, though - what about Romeo and Juliet by the Dire Straits? Or Letter To Hermoine by David Bowie?

There are numerous love songs by U2. The First Time is beautiful too. Anyway, if you know how to play All I Want Is You already, I would stick with that and practise.

Oh. My bad.

:reject:

Anyways, I think I'm gonna go with Romeo and Juliet.

Thanks for the help y'all

Last edited:
paxetaurora said:
"Jewel Box" by Jeff Buckley. :)

Although yeah, if a guy played AIWIY for me... ::melt::

ooh...that's a good one. also by him "everybody here wants you" is awesome :up:...but you've already chosen and all so...

I thought the title of this thread was referring to the song

"song for the girl" by Matthew Good.

Which, conincidently, is a really good song...

Back
Top Bottom