a rugby joke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Martin Johnson, Richard Hill and Johnny Wilkinson are standing before God at the throne of Heaven.God looks at them and says; "before granting you a place at my side, I must first ask you what you believe in." Addressing Johnson first he asks, "what do you believe? "

Johnson looks God in the eye and states passionately, "I believe Rugby to be the food of life. Nothing else brings such unbridled joy to so many people from the grim North to the bright lights of Twickenham. I have devoted my life to bring such joy to people who stood on the terraces supporting their club."

God looks up and offers Johnson the seat to his left. He then turns to Hill, "and you, Dicky, what do you believe?"

Hill stands tall and proud, "I believe courage, honour and passion are the fundamentals to life and I've spent my whole playing career providing a living embodiment of these traits."

God, moved by the passion of the speech offers Hill the seat to his right.Finally, he turns to Wilkinson, "and you, Johnny, what do you believe?"

"I believe..." says Wilkinson "...you're sitting in my seat."

Back
Top Bottom