A question to Bjork fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saracene

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Melbourne, Australia, some time after tea
Bjork's singing and shrieking used to get on my nerves a lot. Then I bought "Post" and from the first listen, something just clicked, and now I can't stop listening to her.

Now I'm just wondering whether the stuff she did with Sugarcubes before she went solo is worth investigating, and whether her first album ("Debut"?) is any good.

Debut is every bit as good as Post in my opinion. i have never been able to decide which i like better. If you liked Post, you shouldn't be disappointed with Debut.

I've bought two Sugarcubes albums. One of them i never gave a second listen to, the other was very good and has some of their best songs on it. I can't remember the name, but look for the one that has the songs "Birthday" and "Motorcrash" on it. (It also has some funky drawings on the cover with a neon green (or pink) background).

I love all of Bjork's work, but I have to admit a love for her earlier work more.

I love "Big Time Sensuality" probably the best out of all of her songs.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I really like Bjork's music and personally think that Debut is better than Post the songs are all very nice I especially love Human Behaviour, Venus as a boy, Violently happy and Play dead.......

Now the Sugarcubes stuff is great too and I like this a lot more than her solo stuff, like someone said previously it is very poppy and not really as techno/electronic sounding....Their first album is probably the best one and it is called 'Lifes to good' and it is the one with the bright green cover and if you are going to get this one make sure you try and get the one with the bonus re-mix tracks on it as the remix of their song 'Deus' on this is excellent and I think is better than the original. The sugarcubes also put out another album called 'Stick around for joy' which is also very good and they released a re-mix album and then a greatest hits album- I would probably recommend this one for you- it has all of the good songs on it, its called 'The Great Cross over potential', but anyway maybe try downloading some of these songs first of the sugarcubes to see if you like them....

Birthday
Motorcrash
Deus
Regina
Hit
Vitamin
smile.gif

The Sugarcubes are definately worth checking out. I love "Life?s too good". It?s by far my favorite Sugarcubes album. "Today here, tomorrow next week" was a bit of a flop, but "Stick around for joy" is great as well. But I also like some of their even older stuff, like Kukl. That was the band Bj?rk was in before she joined the Sugarcubes. Very spuky stuff.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Back
Top Bottom