A question for the women!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Do you find men who are your height or smaller attractive? The answers to this might be interesting.

i will be honest and say i do prefer taller but it doesn't really matter. im not going to not date someone because he's shorter than me.
that would rule out too many babes! lol

[This message has been edited by zooropamanda (edited 05-19-2002).]

Well, since I'm almost 5'10", I do find someone around 5'10"- 6'+ very attractive.

Of course, that's not the most important thing. A shorter guy who has many other special qualities is great too
smile.gif

Unfortunately SOME 'shorter' guys don't care for taller women.

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 05-19-2002).]

Good question! I've never really thought about all that!

I suppose I generally fancy someone a tad taller than me. I am 5'3" so it usually isn't a problem finding someone taller than me!
biggrin.gif

------------------
chuck me in the shallow water before I get too deep.
carrie@interference.com

I'm only 5'1 so finding a guy any height is no prob for me. My friend is average size and her boyfriend chris is the same height. She says she likes it that way cos they see eye to eye.

------------------
T? m? ?seal.
T? m? ard.
T? m? tana?.
T? m? ramhar.
T? m? bean.

The guy HAS to be taller than me, but i'm average height for a girl, so its never been a problem.
5'9 or over is definitely preferable,though.
wink.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

I have a wide range of height tastes, but I do have to say that my target range is about two inches shorter than me (my height is 5'7") to about a half-foot taller. I don't like bending down to kiss a guy, and I think it looks funny when a girl comes up to her man's chest. I dunno why, but it seems like a waste of a tall man for all those tall ladies.

------------------
I from the south- I'm a southern girl.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
i will be honest and say i do prefer taller but it doesn't really matter. im not going to not date someone because he's shorter than me.

same here
smile.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

as I am quite tall I generally like Men who are taller than me, but I have been out with a guy who was considerably shorter than me and it never bothered me- in all honesty and I know that this sounds so corny, but for me looks and physical apperance are secondary, it really is what is the personality and the sense of humour that are the biggest turn ons for me
smile.gif

Originally posted by OzAurora:
looks and physical apperance are secondary, it really is what is the personality and the sense of humour that are the biggest turn ons for me
smile.gif

no, that doesnt sound corny at all...I agree 100%! I'd rather have a short, sweet guy, with a great personality and sense of humor, than some tall jerk with no personality and looks only
icon36.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

I'm six feet tall and it seems like most guys are shorter than me. I couldn't really see myself being with someone way shorter than me, though I know that's shallow. I just like it if a guy can look me in the eye. He can be shorter than me, but not so that it's majorly noticeable--maybe two or three inches. I really like guys who are about six-two or six-three. As I have mentioned elsewhere in this forum, I am currently somewhat obsessed with the lead singer of Midnight Oil, who is very tall--estimates of his height seem to range from six-four to seven feet (no one seems sure of the truth!)

But hey, it's not like guys of any height seem to be after me. You're all afraid of tall girls, or else something else is wrong with me.

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

Originally posted by RussellbeStaji:
I dunno why, but it seems like a waste of a tall man for all those tall ladies.

You are sooooo right! But for some interesting reason, not only do short guys prefer short women, but I constantly see these exceptionally tall guys with shorter-than-average women.

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

I prefer tall. My reasons are a little different though. I am kinda self conscious about my body in general and it would make me have issues with myself. I know that sounds odd.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

I am 5'3" and I like short guys.
biggrin.gif

maybe 5'5" the shortest - but i mainly drool after guys who are around 5'8 - 5'10, nothing much taller than that.

------------------
She makes you watch her from above
and you need her like a drug

*U2 Take Me Higher*

I prefer guys who are taller than me, but I'm 5'5" so it's not much of a problem. Have you ever noticed how tall (6'+) guys are often with girls considerably shorter than them? I think they should stick with the tall women!
smile.gif

I like guys who are taller than me, but that's not that rare since I'm 5'2". In fact, I don't think I've ever met a guy who's shorter than me. I don't really care how much taller they are than me, though. Bono and Kelly Jones (from Stereophonics) are both not much taller than me at all (especially Bono without his tall shoes), and I like both of them.
smile.gif

------------------
A song is a beautiful lie

Generally guys who are taller than me. When you?re a 5?10 woman, that cuts out half the field tho.
tongue.gif
I made the mistake of dating a guy who was quite a bit shorter than me and he turned out to be an asshole. Of course, his height may have had nothing to do with it...but I don?t feel like taking any chances. Lol. Taller men from now on!
biggrin.gif

---------------
33447%3A4323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A983%3B847ot1lsi

This thread has been Viggofied
biggrin.gif

I am 5'8, which is tall for a girl, but typically most guys are about 5'10 and up. I have historically always liked tall guys, and those were usually the type of guys that caught my eye....

lately however, I am thinking that it would be nice to be with someone my height. Firstly, the eye to eye thing... also, I think that it would be nice to fall asleep with every single part of your body aligned, but for me the most important thing, is how much fun it would be to hug someone the exact same height as me....

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

I'm 5'7 so most guys are about as tall as I am. It wouldn't be a big problem for me to date someone shorter than me but I do have to say that I probably would be uncomfortable if he was much shorter.
My best guy friend hates going out with me when I wear tall shoes. He's about 5'10 so in some heels I'm as tall as him or taller. He's the one that has the problem with it and were not even dating. I think he's crazy.

Originally posted by ghetofabu:
I prefer tall. My reasons are a little different though. I am kinda self conscious about my body in general and it would make me have issues with myself. I know that sounds odd.

i'm exactly like that. i feel really selfconcious, whether i like it or not. i hate being 6', and i when i was with someone shorter than me, i was always slouching. i'm not at all into superficial things, but i can't help my own self esteem. being a tall girl changes so many things, and sometimes for the worst.

guys, just because we're tall doesn't make us scary. we're people too! i guess the thing about tall being attractive is a misconception...

Back
Top Bottom