A question for the women! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 05-22-2002, 05:22 PM   #46
Local Time: 04:28 AM
Originally posted by STING2:
Or perhaps taller women say or do things that make smaller men feel concerned about their height.
I don't--not that I'm aware of. Well, I have one shorter-than-average male friend who I've bugged about his height, but he bugs everyone about everything and everyone bugs him about everything. It's all in fun. He is now happily married to one of the sweetest girls on the face of the earth, who is just a tiny bit shorter than he is.

See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

Old 05-23-2002, 02:34 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Stories For Boys,

When I was speaking about what women like, I was saying what they seem to look as far as looks. Height it seems is by far the most important thing when it comes to looks for women. I did not discuss or get into the complexity of relationships and personalities and other things. I was just dealing with looks in that "looking across the room" or "first or blind date situation".

Old 05-23-2002, 02:52 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I would disagree that we are essentially about looks, men and women. Perhaps 2 million years ago that was all it was about, but today relationships between men and women are far more complex and involve things that are far more mental and spiritual than physical. Certainly people are still interested in looks, but that will never sustain a relationship. Fact is over 50% of people who get married today get divorced. Of those that stay married, at least half will experience some type of seperation, but stay together, but not always for the right reasons. Only about 25% get the marriage that everyone dreams of. Looks are not a key factor in that success either. People feel its so important to be sexually compatible with your partner, but how important is that really when the average married couple only spends a combined 30 minutes a week having sex. There are 168 hours in a week, so obviously sex is not a key factor in a successful marriage. Looks are one thing when your 25, but think about what its like when your 60.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:59 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict
too many numbers. looks like math.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:26 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:28 PM
i'll admit it...i'll be the honest one.

i'm a 6' tall 17 year old girl, and the first thing that attracts me to a guy is if he's taller than me. i obviously don't pursue if we don't get along, etc etc etc, but height is a MAJOR factor for me.
Old 05-26-2002, 02:49 AM   #51
actually is seem to prefer guys who are my height or just an inch, maybe two above me!

to use famous examples, two of my 3 favourite actors, James Dean and Paul Newman, are 5'8" and 5'9" respectively, and im 5'8"...... however that trend is kinda ruined by my other favourite, Liam Neeson, whos 6'4"!!!!!

sorry, to answer your question, as a rule i dont really like really tall guys, but if liam neeson came up to me, im not gonna say "no, sorry youre too tall"

theres a few mixed metaphors in there somewhere!

maybe im trying to say "Height doesnt matter...
Old 06-03-2002, 06:56 PM   #52
Local Time: 05:28 AM
I wanna have a tall guy.