A question for the women!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My high school sweetheart was a very short guy,(same height as me, but that's short for a 1960's vintage male) But my o my, what a wonderful young man he was **swoon**.
There can be big surprises in small packages, usually best to wait and see before you judge.

I'm almost 5'9" and I much prefer guys who are taller than me and make me feel small and frail,
smile.gif
Now where the hell are they??

Of course it would all come down to personality and such, but I -seriously- doubt that I'd fall for a guy who is more than three inches shorter than me.

I know it may sound shallow, but they have to at least be my height. Even though I'm an average height now, I was 5'9 when I was pretty young too and I've always been somewhat self concious about it!! In my experience though, all the guys I've dated have always been taller, it's not to say that I wouldnt date a smaller guy, just may take some getting used to.

------------------

Say Goodbye, Don't Follow.

Rest in Peace Layne.

I like girls who are shorter than me, Im sure I would make the perfect couple with all of you.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

Well very interesting indeed. Everyone except possibly RusselbeStaji either stated or indicated that they would prefer the man to be the same height or taller. No one, when looking at a man Physically, stated that height was not a factor at all. No women stated that they prefered the man to be smaller.

Height is not a factor when I look at women physically. I would date a women 4'10 and a women who is 6'2. Or an even wider range than that. There is no preference at all.
Judging by the responses hear though, it would seem that when Women look at men, the most important physical characteristic is height. In general it is desired and prefered that the man is taller regardless of the womens height.

that's a pretty sweeping statement. i guess i may have incinuated that, but i certainly would date a guy shorter than me. in fact, my only real boyfriend WAS shorter than me. saying i'm shallow for looking at height just isn't fair. i appreciate taller guys because they're harder to come by, and it makes me feel less self concious and helps my self esteem. but that in no way means height is even close to being as important as little things like character, personality, morals, and beliefs. don't be so broad in saying that women only like taller men.

*edited for spelling*

[This message has been edited by Stories for Boys (edited 05-21-2002).]

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I am thinking that it would be nice to be with someone my height. Firstly, the eye to eye thing... also, I think that it would be nice to fall asleep with every single part of your body aligned, but for me the most important thing, is how much fun it would be to hug someone the exact same height as me....

Ditto with that Kel!
smile.gif

I like guys just my height or slightly taller than me so I can kiss, hug, look in the eyes, caress without any problem!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by STING2:
Well very interesting indeed. Everyone except possibly RusselbeStaji either stated or indicated that they would prefer the man to be the same height or taller. No one, when looking at a man Physically, stated that height was not a factor at all. No women stated that they prefered the man to be smaller.

Height is not a factor when I look at women physically. I would date a women 4'10 and a women who is 6'2. Or an even wider range than that. There is no preference at all.
Judging by the responses hear though, it would seem that when Women look at men, the most important physical characteristic is height. In general it is desired and prefered that the man is taller regardless of the womens height.

I agree that with stories. That is kinda a broad sweep. I am not going to sit here and say that all women look for the inner light of a man an all that, but we as men and women as a whole (and yes there are exceptions) are about looks. Men for the most part are looking for (stereotypically I will admit) the Victoria Secret Model and women look for guys like Viggo (looks and intelligence. haha). Seriously though, you have to admit that is how most of us are. Not to say that after that has faded that a personality does not come into play. My reasons for preferring taller men are not so much as a pleasure to what I like to see, but derive more from my insecurities. I think it is commendable that you show no concern with height and that you must feel confident about yourself and that is also a good thing.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

Unfortunately SOME 'shorter' guys don't care for taller women.

So true. I'm 5'8" plus the 2" heels I nearly always wear and I have been attracted to, and have dated, many guys who are shorter than me. Unfortunately, every single one of them had the 'short man complex' and they just couldn't f**king get over it. Big turn off. The height is irrelevant--the attitude that goes with it is what counts.

Stories For Boys,

When I was speaking about what women like, I was saying what they seem to look as far as looks. Height it seems is by far the most important thing when it comes to looks for women.

I find this hard to believe...height might be a physical factor, but "by far the most important thing"?

Ghetofabu,

I would disagree that we are essentially about looks, men and women. Perhaps 2 million years ago that was all it was about, but today relationships between men and women are far more complex and involve things that are far more mental and spiritual than physical. Certainly people are still interested in looks, but that will never sustain a relationship. Fact is over 50% of people who get married today get divorced. Of those that stay married, at least half will experience some type of seperation, but stay together, but not always for the right reasons. Only about 25% get the marriage that everyone dreams of. Looks are not a key factor in that success either. People feel its so important to be sexually compatible with your partner, but how important is that really when the average married couple only spends a combined 30 minutes a week having sex. There are 168 hours in a week, so obviously sex is not a key factor in a successful marriage. Looks are one thing when your 25, but think about what its like when your 60.

Originally posted by Ghetofabu:
Not to say that after that has faded that a personality does not come into play .
[/B]

I did not say that looks was what it is "all" about, but I do not believe that when you see some one in a night club or a shopping market you think to yourself "that looks like a person with a deep sense of meaning in there life and good character". I know all about all the stats as well. I work in a office of about 25 people and out of those about 7 of them are getting divorced as we speak, and out of those 3 of them have been married for over 10 years. Plus there are about 10 people who are already divorced. It is sad. I know that looks do not sustain a relationship and what I said was not to imply that I thought that.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Joyful Girl,

As a PHYSICAL FACTOR its the most important thing for women. I was not stating it was the most important thing in any other context except the physical one. I stand by that conculusion based on everyones response to the thread. No women indicated that height was not a factor when it came to looks for them. Plus, no women stated they were attracted to men who were smaller in height than they were.

Joyful Girl,

As a PHYSICAL FACTOR its the most important thing for women. I was not stating it was the most important thing in any other context except the physical one. I stand by that conculusion based on everyones response to the thread. No women indicated that height was not a factor when it came to looks for them. Plus, no women stated they were attracted to men who were smaller in height than they were.

I had said that I have been attracted to, and involved with, many men shorter than myself although I don't *seek* men shorter than myself. But, thanks for the clarification--it's still hard to believe, though. I wouldn't have guessed that. I propose that perhaps if this is true, it might be something to do with how self-conscious the man is being shorter than the woman. As I mentioned before, in each and every case where I was involved with someone even an inch shorter than me, THEY had the issue with it, not me.

Or perhaps taller women say or do things that make smaller men feel concerned about their height. I'm speaking in general, not about you.

Or perhaps taller women say or do things that make smaller men feel concerned about their height. I'm speaking in general, not about you.

You're right, it could certainly work both ways.

Or perhaps taller women say or do things that make smaller men feel concerned about their height.

I don't--not that I'm aware of. Well, I have one shorter-than-average male friend who I've bugged about his height, but he bugs everyone about everything and everyone bugs him about everything. It's all in fun. He is now happily married to one of the sweetest girls on the face of the earth, who is just a tiny bit shorter than he is.

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

Stories For Boys,

When I was speaking about what women like, I was saying what they seem to look as far as looks. Height it seems is by far the most important thing when it comes to looks for women. I did not discuss or get into the complexity of relationships and personalities and other things. I was just dealing with looks in that "looking across the room" or "first or blind date situation".

Ghetofabu,

I would disagree that we are essentially about looks, men and women. Perhaps 2 million years ago that was all it was about, but today relationships between men and women are far more complex and involve things that are far more mental and spiritual than physical. Certainly people are still interested in looks, but that will never sustain a relationship. Fact is over 50% of people who get married today get divorced. Of those that stay married, at least half will experience some type of seperation, but stay together, but not always for the right reasons. Only about 25% get the marriage that everyone dreams of. Looks are not a key factor in that success either. People feel its so important to be sexually compatible with your partner, but how important is that really when the average married couple only spends a combined 30 minutes a week having sex. There are 168 hours in a week, so obviously sex is not a key factor in a successful marriage. Looks are one thing when your 25, but think about what its like when your 60.

i'll admit it...i'll be the honest one.

i'm a 6' tall 17 year old girl, and the first thing that attracts me to a guy is if he's taller than me. i obviously don't pursue if we don't get along, etc etc etc, but height is a MAJOR factor for me.

actually is seem to prefer guys who are my height or just an inch, maybe two above me!

to use famous examples, two of my 3 favourite actors, James Dean and Paul Newman, are 5'8" and 5'9" respectively, and im 5'8"...... however that trend is kinda ruined by my other favourite, Liam Neeson, whos 6'4"!!!!!

sorry, to answer your question, as a rule i dont really like really tall guys, but if liam neeson came up to me, im not gonna say "no, sorry youre too tall"

theres a few mixed metaphors in there somewhere!

maybe im trying to say "Height doesnt matter...

Back
Top Bottom