a question for girls regarding cd's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gickies Gageeze

Purgatory
if someone you dont really know all that well demands at knife-point that you accept a compilation cd entitled "the worlds greatest songs according to king" (im king, just so you know) would you accept it?

would you listen to it?

now forget about the content, but the idea of the gift, is it a good gift?

is it flattering? considering the music wont be offensive in the slightest?

Well, since the person was demanding that I take the CD at knife-point, I think I'd accept it. ;)

But if someone gave me a compilation CD I would definitely listen to it. I think it'd be a good gift because you can get a good idea about a person after hearing songs that are important to them. Plus, the person went through a lot of effort to select songs and everything, so it would be a meaningful gift.

Giant Lemon said:
Well, since the person was demanding that I take the CD at knife-point, I think I'd accept it. ;)

But if someone gave me a compilation CD I would definitely listen to it. I think it'd be a good gift because you can get a good idea about a person after hearing songs that are important to them. Plus, the person went through a lot of effort to select songs and everything, so it would be a meaningful gift.

ya, thats what ive been thinking.

thanks.

and daisy, the knife isnt an option. i threaten every girl i talk to, its the only way theyll pay ah-ten-shun to me.

wanderer, are you suggesting theyre all like kelly osborne?

after you give me your phone number, email address, social security number and a few of your more credible credit card numbers, i believe ill have enough info to send something your way, dear giant lemon...:sexywink:

Is this another thing you wont follow through on?
Just Do It [swoosh] bear. If you make an arse of yourself, do what I do in such situations and hide for a few months until she's forgotten you.
:sigh:

Giant Lemon said:

:yes: Music is the best gift. That's how I landed myself a boyfriend! :sexywink:

alright, well you all appear to be on the same side about this.

maybe a knife isnt the best idea.

but the rest is good.

thaaanks...peter...

what?
you reached a decision
BEFORE
u heard my valuable opinion?!?

**cass does Mick Dundee impersonation**
"that's a knife"

I just wanted to come back and hug something

:hug:one of those new-fangled devices that keep track of the hours :hug:
does anyone know what time it is?:hmm: :confused:this ain't Kansas :eyebrow:
:hug:toto :hug:

One of my students gave me a mixed CD at the end of the semester. And although I don't like every song on it, I know she went to a lot of trouble to give it to me. It was very touching, plus it had "Slide Away" on it.

Do it!

i agree that music is both the best gift you can give and a great way to get to know someone. i know for me, it's hard to be seriously friends (much less something more) if the person doesn't share the same musical taste as me. i think it would be very sweet of you, pearbear...

plus, what's a more romantic than a life-endangering threat?

Stories for Boys said:
what's a more romantic than a life-endangering threat?

Watching Richard Simmons' Sweating to the Oldies tapes with my lady

The CD is a good present, but if I was in you, I?d rather not call myself king. There is only one king, and he is called Elvis.

Why not "The worlds greatest songs according to (insert your name here)"? That sounds more sweet and personal and natural. :wink:

If you want to play it kewl, take honeysuckle rose instead of king, or the girls? name, or wah wah.

funnily enough...

well it's not actually funny....damned embarrassing really
in the drawer, alongside my precious U2 video collection, is the aforementioned Richard Simmons video.( I haven't watched it yet, I bought it 2nd hand for a dollar, cause the title was SO funny)
Gickies, you are most welcome to include it in your package...so as to speak. I also have a spare copy of the U2 best of Video and now I have 3 copies of the Unforgettable Fire book. What kinda gal is she/he? open to the idea of recycled and pre-loved?

let me see...what else do I have here? a harmonica that once belonged to Bill Clinton, a candelabra, a book of recipes guaranteed to excite.....I just wanna see ya make her happy.
Good luck:wave:

Back
Top Bottom