A question about women

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikesimus

Babyface
Hi there... I know this post may seem foolish, but I really wanted to ask you guys about something thats been burning me up for a while. I go to University, and in one class I met this girl that I talked with quite alot, about many things. I dont know how it happened, but one day she just started talking to me, and I would do stuff like lend her my notes etc. Now, one time she got me to phone her work for her to tell them she was sick, because she wanted to study for a test or something. I dont know if thats common or not, I dont have much experience. Anyways, she seemed to express interest in everything I said, so like a fool, I asked her out to a football game, twice, because I really thought she wanted to go. Now, she just ignores me all the time, and she hasnt spoken to me since, its been a few months. Its a whole year course, so she is in my class again next semester, and I dont know what to do. Everyone tells me to forget about her but I cannot, its really bothering me. I dont know why she ignores me or anything else, or what to do. I talk to other girls in my classes as well, but I can never get this one of my mind. Can someone with more experience with women or this kind of stuff help me out here? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hmmm... sounds like this little miss lost her manners or never had them to begin with, or maybe she is ignoring you because she is waiting for you to make the next move, if you have asked her out now twice and she did not bite, then maybe she is one of those types who is used to getting her way with a smile and a littled friendly conversation, I would make one more attempt and if she does not show any interest - you ignore her - because she is probably not the one for you anyway!! Hard to do, yes, but look at it this way, when the right girl does come along, you don't want to be tied up on this one - in other words darlin, see the forest for the trees!! You sound like a sweetheart for helping her out - she needs to realize you have to be a friend to have a friend - Good luck!!

i know the feeling. what have i done about it?

ignored her too, kept my head down whenever we ran into each other, and let things be. eventually something happened and we slowly got over it was that we were "supposedly" have a tiff over.

however this is not the best way to do it. ive also had this situation occur and i simply say to myself "idontcare" and i approach her myself. you know what they often feel like when they ignore you after things are going smoothly? they feel like maybe they did something foolish, or think that you might have something against them...

doesnt that sound strange?!?!?! well thats happened to me, so maybe thats the case for you? trust me on this, girls are the most complex manifestations in the universe that i know of, and sometimes you have to go against the grain to fix the problem.

------------------
-death bear

Sounds like something I (a girl) am going through with a guy right now. And I don't know what to do either.

As I have said elsewhere, guys can be extremely confusing too, not just girls. I'm starting to suspect that this particular guy is just another conceited jerk like too many that I've encountered in this part of the world, but I just don't really know.

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 01-01-2002).]

Thanks... maybe I will try talking to her again next week or something. Ive heard that sometimes they ignore you because they feel youre upset, I dont know why they would, but its probably true sometimes. I dont know why Im so worked up about it, its just the way I am, I guess. Thanks for the advice, I will see what happens.

I'm reminded of Jack Nicholson's great monologue on women in Witches of Eastwick.
(Paraphased)
"Women: Did God do it to us on purpose or were they some kind of terrible mistake? 'Cause if they're a mistake maybe we can do something about it. Maybe there's a cure or an antidote."

MAP

Just a musing from my own experience......Perhaps she did not want to go out wih you, maybe friendly classmates is all she was comfortable with. Whe you asked her out, she realized you may be interested in something more, and doesn't want that, so rather than confront the situation, she runs away. Perhaps you could straighten things out by approaching her and explaining that if she doesn't want to go out, that's fine, and say you only wanted to be friends anyway (that would help remove anything she perceives as "pressure" on her, ya know?).
Just an idea
smile.gif

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

this kind of stuff is so scary to deal with, and i send out good feelings to you. Don't let this one person's actions make you feel bad about yourself! don't let her make life tough for you! it is tough enough already!

i don't have any advice other than that.

be good to yourself, and others around you.

Back
Top Bottom