A Question about MTV Unplugged...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
Why has MTV released on CD some of the concerts, but not all of them? For instance(going back to high school days)Alice in Chains and Nirvana Unplugged were released(I know there were more, but I can't think of them right now)but Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots were not.
What's up with that?
Or were they released and I just never saw them in the store?
I loved, loved, loved STP Unplugged, and I wish it had been released (maybe even a video of it too :ohmy: )
I don't understand.
Any ideas?

I'm not sure, maybe the rights of the concert belong to the artists :shrug: I for one wish the put out The Cure's and REM's concerts.

Ah yes, where have all the good programs on Mtv gone?
- Unplugged
- Alter 8
- Headbangers Ball
- Most Wanted

Good times :glisteningtearonagoldenchild:

Last edited:
I really feel old...I'm 24, but when I think back to watching the STP unplugged videos on MTV, I think "well, it wasn't that long ago.." it was 8 years ago that I saw those videos. :scream:
I really wish MTV would re-release all those concerts, people would buy them.
Now I know what my grandma and mom feel like when they talk about the "old days"...
:banghead:

well, the main problem being that bands actually could play and sing live 10 years ago. Put an acoustic in the hands of anyone now and they'll ask "what time's the video shoot"?

....ok, I know that was an old man's comment.:p

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
lol i had that feeling a few days ago when i dusted off that unplugged cd of mine and thought that it wasn't that long ago and then i looked at the dates on the cd and saw 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994. :crack:
:scream: :hug:
All I want is to watch Scott Weiland rock in that chair again and sing "Plush" :combust: :hyper:

I went and spoke to Mr.Music man of south seattle today...he said the STP unplugged had a release date, but something stopped it from going to press(he thinks MTV wanted too much $$)
He pointed out that STP is relelasing a greatest hits next month that will include a DVD....so we can hope that maybe some Unplugged footage will be included.
Maybe I should email MTV and ask them....

DrTeeth said:
I'm not sure, maybe the rights of the concert belong to the artists :shrug:

I think this is the case. The artists decide whether or not to release their Unplugged performance, not MTV (or at least, not solely MTV).
Yeah, those were good shows with artists being able to play/conduct their own songs and sing them live. Those were the times... :sigh:

C ya!

Marty (who has the Eric Clapton and Nirvana unplugged CD's and Bruce Springsteen's Plugged)

Popmartijn said:

I think this is the case. The artists decide whether or not to release their Unplugged performance, not MTV (or at least, not solely MTV).
Yeah, those were good shows with artists being able to play/conduct their own songs and sing them live. Those were the times... :sigh:

C ya!

Marty (who has the Eric Clapton and Nirvana unplugged CD's and Bruce Springsteen's Plugged)

True, some artists decide not to release thier unplugged sets if they dont feel it is "perfect" (REM, Seal, STP, etc....)

I have the official releases of the Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, and Nirvana unplugged performances, plus a bootleg of the Pearl Jam show. Good stuff all around.

Back
Top Bottom