A Query About Headphones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
I've been meaning to get a new pair of headphones as mine have seen better days. I use the kind that look like a hair band... the classic style. I never could get used to the earbuds.

There is another kind that I've seen though. They are like the classic style, but hang sort of upside down at the base of the neck. I'm just curious as to whether these are comfortable and if they work well or not.

Tanks alot! :)

I used to have those. I think they work just fine, except they're not pushed against your ears as hard as when the band goes over your head. It really depends on what brand you get as to whether the sound quality is good. I usually use Sony headphones myself, though there are probably better brands. Just avoid KOSS.

They're comfortable too, but I really prefer earbuds. I like the sound as close to my ears as possible - and what's closer than in the ear? :wink:

I have used them (forgot what brand though) and they are comfortable. However, I like to sleep with headphones on and I found that style didn't work as well for that purpose as regular over the head headphones.

But for normal wear they were great.

AtomicBono said:

They're comfortable too, but I really prefer earbuds. I like the sound as close to my ears as possible - and what's closer than in the ear? :wink:

I've tried the upside-down ones, but I didn't get the feel I wanted...I was too aware of them.

These are the ones I use now...from Sony.

28740-mdr-101lp.jpg

I really love the way I can hear the bass in these. I have tried earbuds, but haven't been satisfied with them. Maybe I should try another brand to see how they stack up.

I was reading about how earbuds actually damage your hearing more than traditional headphones. So I went out a purchased a set of noise-cancelling headphones and they are amazing. The sound is so much clearer and you don't have to max out the volume to hear it. They cost more though, mine cost about $80 bucks. And they use batteries but what a difference.

it´s true earbuds will ruin your ears.

i´ve been using sennheiser hd 265 for years. get some decent studio earphones and forget about the little sony crap.

trevster2k said:
I was reading about how earbuds actually damage your hearing more than traditional headphones. So I went out a purchased a set of noise-cancelling headphones and they are amazing. The sound is so much clearer and you don't have to max out the volume to hear it. They cost more though, mine cost about $80 bucks. And they use batteries but what a difference.

where did you get those?

I have noise cancellation headphones for my drums that allow me to plug in my ipod and play along (so I don't have to blast the music to hear over my drums) and they cost 50$

when I listen to music normally on my ipod I like the upside down headphones

Back
Top Bottom