A Poll and a Question, my mofos!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you store your music?

• Original CDs

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Burned CDs

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • I-pod

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • On your Computer

Votes: 42 75.0%
  • Other - please specify!

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I have 2 questions for the whole lot of you!!!

1. How do you store all your music? And how would you like to if you had the chance or even the money?

a. Original CDs
b. Burned CDs
c. I-pod
d. On the computer
e. Other - please explain

You can choose multiple options of course! For me, it's a, b and d.

2. What's the album or CD from your collection you listen to the least? And has this thread made you reach for it and give it another try? :wink:

Mine's probably Alice In Chains 'Facelift'. Dirt is the one I listen to more often but I haven't listened to Facelift in a long long time!

other - all of the above. oh crap, i didn't realize you could chose more than one. i should learn to read first before posting.

stabbing westward, i don't even know the name of the album. i don't even know if i still have the cd, although i imagine i do. i've never listened to it. ever. i didn't rip it to my computer when i ripped all my stuff. and no, i really don't want to listen to it now.

IWasBored said:
and no, i really don't want to listen to it now.

:lol: why? hasn't this thread jogged your memory enough to maybe want to give it another listen?

what am I saying.. I don't want to listen to Facelift either! :slant:

Zootlesque said:

:lol: why? hasn't this thread jogged your memory enough to maybe want to give it another listen?

what am I saying.. I don't want to listen to Facelift either! :slant:

not even if i get really bored next week while i'm at home. i remember the single, and i remember it sucked.

I have all my CDs backed up on my computer via iTunes, but I don't own an iPod because they are way overpiced, IMHO. So I have all my CD cases in CD racks in my bedroom, while most of the discs themselves are stuffed in CD notebooks or wallets of various sizes so I can tote them to my car and play them in the CD player there. Oh, and I have some burned discs that are either mixes or concert bootlegs stored in the notebooks.

The CDs I don't listen to very often tend to be ones I never plan to listen to again but am too lazy to take to the used CD store, so I'm not sure how to answer the second question.

I have original CDs on a couple racks, and I have a box in my closet with the free CDs that come with some music magazines I buy. The racks have filled up though, and I have 9 new ones to put away, so...I think some of my less listened to CDs are gonna be put in a box in my closet as well. My CDs go into iTunes, which go on my iPod. Not all of my CDs are in iTunes and my iPod...but the majority are.

i keep buying new cds racks because i have a lack of space to just build a giant one. someday i think i'll take apart my bed, move my desk into the basement, put my mattress on the floor and just use an entire wall for shelving. but that would take work and effort.

the greatest thing about getting an ipod: for a couple years i lugged 4 binders (the smallest holding 80 cds, the rest held +200) to the university radio station and back once a week for my show. i'm so used running things off my ipod and out of the cd stacks (vs. out of the stacks plus my own cds) that there's no way i could ever go back to that.

I have tons of original CDs, accumulated over the last 20 years or so. At some point, I'd like to store all my stuff electronically, but I'm not going to transfer them to iTunes or mp3 format and lose sound quality. I guess I could bitTorrent them all, but that would take a long time to do...

As for a CD I hardly listen to, there's so many to choose from at the moment. I wouldn't know where to start.

I've got loads of original CDs (which are all gathering dust, thanks to the iPod). I haven't transferred all of them to my computer, as it would just take up too much space and be too time consuming. As for storing on burned CDs, I only do that when I purchase a CD online through iTunes and like to have a hard copy. Sad thing is, I usually end up re-purchasing the CD just so that I can have the album artwork. :reject:

Album I listen to the least? Wow, that's a tough one. Most of the Chili Peppers' albums, some ones from my youth that I should have burned by now, and the two Coldplay albums I have (didn't buy X&Y - downloaded and deleted) come to mind.

And no, I haven't the faintest desire to listen to any of them.

cds , burned cds for car , they get scratched quick
cds with data ( mp3 , winamp files etc )
i also want to buy vinyl player , they cheap and choice inside some music stores is very good ( price + artists )

otherwise it's jazz, rap , alt and sport radiostations for me

:wink:

Okay, I just noticed that there was a 2nd question for this thread. :reject:

My least listened to CDs are N'Sync, Christina Aguilera, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears...you get the idea. :reject: I know, I shouldn't even own them...but they are my least listened to, so that makes it okay, right??? :wink:

all four. as for the album i listen to the least? probably the shit i don't even have ripped on my computer. i can't even think of any examples, but shit i bought 10+ years ago that i've not listened to since.

I don't like being called a mofo.

Question 2:

Spice Girls: Forever

I have never listened to it. I bought it for fun. Yes, I was drunk.

Well I don't have any burned CDs at all. I really don't buy a whole lot anymore either. I download a lot of full albums (illegally :lol:) and have all those on both my computer and my iPod.

So there are your three answers.

all 4

i have 13 GB in itunes (all on my ipod too), about 65GB of concert bootlegs (lossless format) on an external hard drive, plenty more concert bootlegs on burned cd/dvd. i have original cds also.

as for question 2: not sure, but i have a pile of shit cds i bought about 7-8 years ago.

and zootles, i don't like being called a mofo :tsk:

Oh yeah, I forgot about question 2:

As far as actual CDs goes, probably the old Weezer and blink-182 CDs from years gone by.

On the computer? Those CDs and others I've downloaded and either hated or never got around to listen to. The hates include Arctic Shit-Flinging Monkeys and James Blunt.

The ones I never gave a fair shake:
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Ray Lamontange - Trouble
Both Shins albums
Stars - Heart
The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
Embrace - Out Of Nothing
Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better

I dunno, the list goes on

So far it looks like it's mostly original cds and on the computer. But it's kinda all over the place really. Interesting. Thanks for the responses, guys.

1)

a -- original cds -- that's how I buy the vast majority of my music

b -- burned cds -- I have a few mix cds sent from friends, plus several concert recordings which are burned. I also burn favourite discs to play in the car or take places so I don't lose or damage the originals. And I burn a copy of any really rare or expensive cds (a lot of the cds I buy are imports and can be pricey).

d -- on my computer -- I have some songs I've always liked but haven't liked well enough to buy the album. I buy those songs from iTunes and keep them on my pc. I also keep misc. songs from favourite artists on my PC (although I have a lot of those on original cd also) -- you know, things such as singles or eps that are too short and so too bothersome to put in the regular cd changer most of the time.

e -- other -- I still have a shitload of music on cassette I bought years ago but don't listen to enough to justify repurchasing on cd.

2) I can't think of anything I haven't listened to in ages that I would really care to hear right now. Heck I just bought a slew of new stuff and have yet to give much of it a fair listen

Zootlesque said:
But guys... I called you 'my' mofos! :cute:

:drool:

:wink:

Okay I said on the computer and on my iPod, but I have plenty of original CDs too and some burned CDs...however if it's anything I want to listen to it'll be on one of my iPods.

my least listened to CD... maybe a Best Of Bob Marley, I dunno, it never did much for me. I tried to get into it. Either that or POD, hahahaha.

my music is scattered everywhere. it's shameful. it's all on cds, then there's copies on the ipod and itunes, neither of which i use because i refuse and object, then i have songs on the comp which were once burned onto 6 or so cds as backup, but that hasn't been updated in a couple of years.

and your last question makes my brain hurt. i dont have a heap of music compared so some, no doubt, but with hundreds of cds, there's a lot which dont get listened to anymore. 24 hours in a day and things to do in that time mean not freely being able to listen to cds constantly so many are buried and forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom