A photo I took back in Ireland 2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
When I got home from my trip to the Emerald Island I showed my friends my photos. They liked the majority of them. Granted I had some errrrrrrrrrrrrrr shots. Well on of the shots they did not like the most and so I just put it my my scrap pile. So the yesterday I was looking through my photos and I saw it again and thought, my friends were crazy. What do you all think.

ireland.jpg

copyright 2007 Justin Schlesinger

Doesn't look bad to me. Composition-wise it's a bit drab, maybe, a shot a bit longer down the road might have given you a better contrast of land and water. It's not remarkable but it's not bad either.

Post copyright Canadiens J. 1160, Esq. 2007

to be honest i don't think any picture can capture the beauty of our fair isle
:drool:

It's not bad at all Justin! To improve it though it could perhaps do with brightness and contrast turning up a bit as it's slightly too dark at the minute (which is easily changed) and if you'd moved just a bit closer (say to the end of the tyre tracks) it might have been a more exciting photo as it sort of lacks a focal point at the minute (Slightly more difficult to change unless you've got a time machine!). But that's all I would suggest to improve it :up: :)

What camera did/do you use by the way?

Last edited:
It reminds me of this guy I know that's a professional photographer (award winning). He specializes in landscapes where the color is really saturated but the sky is dark, usually with billowing clouds like that. I happen to like this style a lot, so I like your photo.

Here is an example of his.

Here is my attempt :wink:

I kinda agree with Canadiens - and his suggestion to go further down the road is actually a great one. you'd get closer to the cliffs that look interesting but too far away, and you'd get more of the sea in the shot.

It's not bad, but it doesn't really have much of a subject or leading line to grab hold of the viewer. It's definitely pretty scenery, but it's kinda hard to tell what we're supposed to look at. Maybe if you'd gotten down a little lower, or just tilted the lens down a little more, the old road could've provided a better line through the shot. With the professional example Lies posted, the truck and the road play a more prominent part and give the viewer a better starting point to work through the image.

I like it a lot :) it is a beautiful pic :D I´m glad there´s people here with interest in taking pictures

Do you mind If I post some of my favourite ones here ?

I know you wont so...

100_1056.jpg

102_3235.jpg

I love this one because it looks like retouched, but it is not

102_3224.jpg

I would love so much go to a "photo trip" diferent landscapes, animals, plants, etc...
:drool:

Liesje said:
It reminds me of this guy I know that's a professional photographer (award winning). He specializes in landscapes where the color is really saturated but the sky is dark, usually with billowing clouds like that. I happen to like this style a lot, so I like your photo.

Here is an example of his.

Here is my attempt :wink:

That guy is really good Lies, who is he?

Also Justin, you have lots of potential, I can see what type of portrait you where attempting to create. :up:

Lies, I still look at your Mt. Kilimanjaro pic and the concert pics are to die for! :up:

Photo session :)

I like these one from Kangaroo Island :)
main.php

main.php

main.php

Great Ocean Road
main.php

main.php

I always wish I hadn't activated the date stamp :(
And it's the wrong year, anyways.

The other pictures here are just amazing. I like your second picture very much, Caroni.
And the one from Ireland is very pretty as well.
Even though it might not be perfect, I couldn't ever throw away such a picture.

Justin, I think your pic is pretty and probably a great reminder of your trip. :up:

I took these this fall in Sandbridge Beach, Virginia.
The first two were taken at sunset at the Back Bay Wildlife Preserve. The third is sunset on the beach. The last is sunrise at the beach.

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

Vincent Vega said:
Photo session :)

I like these one from Kangaroo Island :)
main.php

What an incredible moment to catch. :drool:

Where is Kangaroo Island?

Thank you ylimeU2 and Caroni.
It really was a great moment with the sunlight on the water.

Kangaroo Island is a small island south of Adelaide in Australia.
australa.jpg

A beautiful island that claims to have the air with the least pollution worldwide.

Amazing was to being at the south coast, looking south and thinking that between the beach and the antarctic there's only about 5000km of water and the water came directly from there.

Here's the Russell Falls in Tasmania
main.php

main.php

Ooh, photos. Justin, I think if the green in the grass had been a bit brighter, the photo would have been A-1. I've gotten much better at landscapes myself over the past few years - still suck at concerts though. :wink: Here's some from Argentina a couple of years ago, with a point and shoot film camera:

NW Argentina:

ArgSieteColoresSm.jpg

ArgMaimaraSm.jpg

ArgQuilmesSm.jpg

Buenos Aires:

ArgBsAsPalermo.jpg

GREAT sunrise/sunset pics, everyone!!

My attempts

Sunrise in Honolulu
Hawaii%20Dec%202006%20006.jpg

Sunset at Waikiki Beach
Hawaii%20Dec%202006%20494.jpg