A Northern Soul - Album Listening Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pattip2000 said:
am I the only one here who is hearing this for the first time? :reject:

I play the first half of the album a lot, but I'm not totally familiar with the second half. Not sure why I've played the second half so infrequently. :shrug:

pattip2000 said:
am I the only one here who is hearing this for the first time? :reject:

Patti, we'll replay the first 3 tunes once the album finishes. They're really the core of the record, and I don't think anyone will mind listening to them again!

MrBrau1 said:

Patti, we'll replay the first 3 tunes once the album finishes. They're really the core of the record, and I don't think anyone will mind listening to them again!

Repeat the first three as many times as you want. :drool:

Drive You Home is probably part of the reason why I don't listen to the second half so often. This song doesn't really interest me, I feel like it drags.

I had never even heard of this group before I saw the thread about this earlier in the week, but it turns out I had one song from them in my itunes from a mixed cd, I got a few years ago,I’d never listened to.

Axver said:

Repeat the first three as many times as you want. :drool:

Drive You Home is probably part of the reason why I don't listen to the second half so often. This song doesn't really interest me, I feel like it drags.

"No Knock On My Door" is gonna blow your doors off!

pattip2000 said:
I had never even heard of this group before I saw the thread about this earlier in the week, but it turns out I had one song from them in my itunes from a mixed cd, I got a few years ago,I’d never listened to.

:lol:

What song? Bittersweet Symphony, by any chance?

This "my angel, my lover" part really puts me off. I normally like Ashcroft's singing, but not in this case ...

Sonnet

and the name of the mix they made was "Praise Music That Doesn't Make ME Wretch"

MrBrau1 said:
History.

Probably the best indicator of what was to come on "Urban Hymns."

Heh, the intro is a dead giveaway that you're absolutely right.

If I remember correctly, this was The Verve's biggest hit pre-Urban Hymns.

Axver said:

Heh, the intro is a dead giveaway that you're absolutely right.

If I remember correctly, this was The Verve's biggest hit pre-Urban Hymns.

In the US I heard "On Your Own" quite a bit on Alternative Radio.

MrBrau1 said:

I saw them 2 X in 1995, and 2 more times in 1997.

They were spectacular live.

You've definitely just made yourself this thread's object of envy!

Back
Top Bottom