a nick drake mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
so here i am listening to mr. drake's lovely cello song (from five leaves left) and i open zonelistener's movie from the movie thread in lem stand and i realise that i have a hip-hop folk song.

woo!

i'm incredibly bored!

hip hop folk song?

i know nothing about mr drake's music.

i'm bored too...

:heart: I love his music. Immensely soothing, yet there's always that sort of underlying sorrow because...well, because it's Nick Drake.

me!

it's miles away from dkm though :wink:

favourites are:

fruit tree
cello song
at the chime of a city clock
the thoughts of mary jane
pink moon

I think meggie & jkayet are better qualified though. :)

yertle-the-turtle said:

it's miles away from dkm though :wink:

:lol: yeah based on what i've read, i gather that much.

*adding to the list of music to listen to at some point*

My Recommendations....
the album "way to blue" is a good introduction to him. I think it might even be called 'an introduction'... Anyway, it's his recordings remastered, so you are getting him, but his stuff remastered after he died. Good album, and I do highly recommend it. It has the majority of my favorite songs on it, and if you are just getting one album, probably go with it.
Bryter Layter and Pink Moon are excellent too.
In terms of songs, I like 'Time has told me', 'Northern Sky', 'Black Eyed Dog' (ominous, yet amazing ), and my VERY favourite one - 'Which Will'. :D

In complete agreement with the above I also have to add..

Things behind the sun (with haunting guitar lines)
River Man (my favourite Nick Drake song with one of the most beautiful uses of strings this side of History by The Verve)

there's no space to download music on this computer :uhoh:. i will listen to whatever we've got at the radio station. i know there's something...i remember it being left on the desk once.

Back
Top Bottom