A New Pavarotti? Watch clip-you decide..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is this guy on his way?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I knew that was going to be that guy from America's Got Talent. Lovely for him, but I honestly didn't think he was as good as the improbably opera star from last year's Britain's Got Talent, Paul Potts. He even sang the same song, so it's hard not to invite comparison.

:shrug:

The next Pavarotti? He was decent, but nowhere good enough to start thinking he could have a major opera career. Could use some training. But a nice voice, yes. Good for him.

I fail to see how my comment was in any way overly critical of the guy. I said "nice for him, not as good as his British counterpart." :shrug:

He'll go far on the show.

I didn't vote because none of the options suited what I wanted to say. "Good, happy for him, but not the next Pavarotti."

I dunno, standing Os are rare.
The guy teared up..maybe I'm missing something here.

I think powerful performance wouldn't be an understatement.

You got me nervous about singing karaoke around you now.

:angry:

<>

I dunno, standing Os are rare.
The guy teared up..maybe I'm missing something here.

I think if you had not started off by comparing him to Pavarotti you would have gotten a better response.

The guy is good, but comparing a reality show contestant to Pavarotti is a bit of a stretch...

Hope you had a good weekend d...

You got me nervous about singing karaoke around you now.<>

Hey now. As long as you don't preface your performance by saying "Hey, I'm the next Pavarotti!!!!" you'll be fine. :wink:

But seriously - totally different things. I said this in another thread over in Zoo Station, but I would be you any money that the producers told/asked that guy to sing "Nessun Dorma," because they probably all got together and said "Hey, we need to recreate the Paul Potts sensation over in America!"

Which means for those viewers who've heard/seen Paul Potts sing it, you can't help but compare. And Paul Potts sang it far better.

I think if you had not started off by comparing him to Pavarotti you would have gotten a better response.

The guy is good, but comparing a reality show contestant to Pavarotti is a bit of a stretch...

Hope you had a good weekend d...

I said a 'new pavarotti' not to be taken literally...meaning he could b on his way..

<>

I think he's got a good start, but could stand some more training if he wants to go down the opera path. But I still think he'll do very well on the show.

Hey now. As long as you don't preface your performance by saying "Hey, I'm the next Pavarotti!!!!" you'll be fine. :wink:

But seriously - totally different things. I said this in another thread over in Zoo Station, but I would be you any money that the producers told/asked that guy to sing "Nessun Dorma," because they probably all got together and said "Hey, we need to recreate the Paul Potts sensation over in America!"

Which means for those viewers who've heard/seen Paul Potts sing it, you can't help but compare. And Paul Potts sang it far better.

Yeah, this does seem very similar to the Paul Potts performance/experience. The guy does have talent though.

He could have at least chosen a different song than Potts. He's no doubt talented, but Potts did it better. He also needs to make sure he's on top of the notes, he was a little flat on quite a few.

Not that I could do any better, but then I'm not auditioning for America's Got Talent. :wink:

I think this singer had more obstacles than Paul Potts, weight being the least of this singer's issues.

Sure Paul Potts was a remarkable story..I think this fellow had to overcome more-this is why I was taken w him.

Paul is British, Anglo and has a cute accent, and Im sure by now -a new set of straight white teeth.

This singer would be laughed at by a lot of people if he walked into a Dunkin Donuts, Paul Potts would not-even with his old teeth.

If I could rewrite the poll I would add this choice:

"Moving powerful performance, this guy is on his way"

<>

No, they most certainly do not. :angry:

Paul Potts was on the heavy side as well, although not as much as this guy. But I don't care how many obstacles he overcame on the way to the stage, I care about how he sings.

Back
Top Bottom