A New Contender For Worst Show Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What an embarassment to the real residents of the O.C.

Have you heard that the city of Chino is upset about their portrayal as a "slum town?"

i'm sure that this will appeal to the average television watcher.

all realistic and likened to their own lives and all.

:|

*this message brought to you curtesy of sarcasm.

I hope deep isn't a consultant to this show.....

Actually Joseph McGinty is.

Better known as McG, directed both Charlie Angels films.

Made his bones with a local band called the shrinky dinks aka SugarRay. they are all Newport Beach kids that I do not know.

However I do have a good friend who went to high school with them and has told me some pretty good stories.

I did watch the pilot. I expected it to be worse.

I will watch the second episode tonight.

There is some truth in the program about some of the people that live in Newport.

I got some tales about the children of some of our so-called elite.

The local kids do call outsiders 909ers. Referring to the area code for San Bernadino, an hour inland, with lower property values.

I went with my friend to help her buy a TV for her Balboa Island apartment.

The 25 inch Hitachi was on sale. I recommended it. She had to have a Sony for $200. more. I asked her why. She said she was ?Branded for life? and laughed.

Last edited:
i have family that live in newport.

actually, the classier, richer corona del mar.

a block from the beach, ocean view homes.

those people though, who live in there, live on balboa island and in newport are very....VERY elitest.

i wouldn't say they're similar to the show per se...but close.

lilly,

cdm is one of our villages in Newport.

It is one of the nicer parts of town.

They are having thier centenial in 2004.

I have only lived here since 1988.

There is a snob appeal in Newport Beach.

There are many, many decent caring people here also.

Elitism is common here.

actually, i don't really see what all the fuss is about. I think "The OC" pretty much acurately depicts life in So Cal. it was like they took a page from my own life growing up here. :|

Bono's American Wife said:
Have you heard that the city of Chino is upset about their portrayal as a "slum town?"

i went to chino high school.
it is a slum town.
all those cows.

Last edited:
I grew up in Wellington, a suburb of West Palm Beach and used to hang out and surf on Palm Beach.. when I went to Washington DC for the 5th grade patrol trip even people from Tennessee had heard how snobby and elitist we were! I was shocked - but then again, I was only 10. I will say though, everything one hears about Palm Beach as a "society" is true. I'm glad I grew up near there because it was a really pretty and tropical place, but the snobbery can do a number on your self-esteem.

I won't be watching it. I'll be too busy watching Temptation Island and Paradise Hotel. That's reality!! Oh, yeah.

martha said:
Chino Airport has a bitchin' airplane museum. I went there for my birthday once with my baby and a friend of ours.

:up: :yes:

Have you had breakfast at Flo's at the airport? :drool:

Lemon Meringue said:
I won't be watching it. I'll be too busy watching Temptation Island and Paradise Hotel. That's reality!! Oh, yeah.

:love:

How come no one posts in the Paradise Hotel thread :(

I watched episode 2.

it was ok

i liked the ending where the jock boyfriend stepped up

sicy,

i am watching the hotel

i was so glad to see Toni go.

"Welcome to the O.C., bitch."

:lmao: Having grown up in O.C., that's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while.

lol... before I even opened this thread, I knew what it would be about.

deep said:
lilly,
There are many, many decent caring people here also.

Elitism is common here.

deep,

i understand that - my family lives there, they're decent and caring :wink:

there are a lot of nice people there, i know.

but the...umm..."attitude" is not very realistic.

Wow, I have been without TV long enough now to not have any idea what you're all talking about.

:applaud:

first one kinda sucked like all first shows do where they have to get everyone up to speed on the characters. But I caught the second one last night and I thought it was a lot better.

If you can't relate at all to being an outsider at "popular" people's parties that are doing drugs and getting plastered and making fun of the less popular people than I question if you have been through high school or college yet.

The situations that they show in the show are not just limited to the "OC"

I wish the main girl's acting was a little better, but hey, she's nice to look at. :)

Last edited:
womanfish said:

If you can't relate at all to being an outsider at "popular" people's parties that are doing drugs and getting plastered and making fun of the less popular people than I question if you have been through high school or college yet.

I guess I went to HS too long ago, because I chose not to go to the parties where people did stupid shit like that. :shrug:

Yeah, how many more party scenes can they do where the girls get drunk, strip down to their skivvies and talk on their cell phones.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom