A new album U2 fans will LOVE...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
If you are a U2 fan trying to find good new music outside of U2, you won't be disappointed with Jimmy Eat World's new album "Futures".

This LP was released a couple of weeks ago and is simply one of the best albums this year. These guys are often overlooked (or even branded as one-hit wonders after their big hit "The Middle") but they are an extremely talented group of musicians, and they have created an album that is just beautiful from start to finish. The songs are catchy with great harmonized vocals, meaningful lyrics, and they just don't get old with repeated play.

Me personally, I can't stop playing it.

Also, U2 fans should look into a band called the Fire Theft, or Seattle rock's best-kept secret. Also take a look at the previous incarnation of the Fire Theft, Sunny Day Real Estate. Both bands are excellent.

Yes indeed! "futures" is a great album; an impressive follow-up to "bleed american."

i'm in love with 'work' and 'the world you love.' anyone else's favorites?

JeffD

2-hit wonder.

can't forget "sweetness"

that song was awful.

what exactly do they have to do with u2??

TheFly7 said:
Yes indeed! "futures" is a great album; an impressive follow-up to "bleed american."

JeffD

"Kill" and "Polaris" - love those along with "Work".

U2DMfan said:
SDRE are excellent. I havent heard any Fire Theft but I've read about it in the past.

You should definately check out the Fire Theft. They sound quite a bit different than SDRE, but still very good. You can probably download some of their songs off of Morpheus or something if you have it. Check out "Uncle Mountain," "Sinatra," and "It's Over."

deja vu. i posted about this album last week sometime.

my favorites are also kill and polaris. great songs.

who cares if they are "2-hit" wonders? doesn't take away from the fact that the new album is excellent.

TheFly7 said:

JeffD

sup jeffd

Se7en said:
deja vu. i posted about this album last week sometime.

my favorites are also kill and polaris. great songs.

who cares if they are "2-hit" wonders? doesn't take away from the fact that the new album is excellent.

i didn't say that it mattered that they were 2-hit or 10000000-hit wonders.

i was merely pointing out that they were not one-hit wonders.

defending the band, despite the fact that i can't stand them.

Polaris is currently my favorite. I quite like this album--it's the first of theirs I've bought. :up:

"Bleed American" and "
Can You Still The Butterflys" rocks to me. So I qwill probably get the record!:);) "pAIN" is a good song.:);)

oh man ... i've been talking about this album on other threads for weeks. i think 23 is one of my favorite songs of all time. and i love futures as well. kill really connects with me... and work is brilliant. i guess i like everything on the album. this album will really propel them onto a new plane i think. they've been one of my favorite bands since the late 90's ... and i think this album is their best by far. i uploaded this to yousendit.com a few days ago but people were hating and i doubt it has run out. for those of you who are curious...here is "23"
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0D0CBB5899CE66E91BA8E018792BE4A0

I have their last album, and I really like it. I've been thinking about buying this one and I think I will. I may have to wait until I've had HTDAAB for a while though, because well...I'll be a little too obsessed for a while to give another CD a listen. ;)

Back
Top Bottom