A most embarrassing moment.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
I just saw this on msn:

When Salma Hayek first got to Hollywood, she didn?t know what an agent was. ?My friend explained that an agent is someone who finds you work,? Hayek told the Calgary Sun. ?She told me there were three major agencies, and I asked her which of the three was closest to where I lived. She said it was the William Morris Agency. So, I called 411 and asked for the number. When the girl at the agency answered, I asked to speak to William Morris. She hung up on me. I called back and asked for him again. She said he was dead and then hung up. So, I called back and asked to speak with Mr. Morris?s son. She hung up. I called back and asked to speak to whoever?s in charge. She hung up. I called back and yelled ?Bitch!? and hung up on her.?

:lmao:

I actually did something sorta like this - I needed new tires a few years ago, I was talking to my brother-in-law about it and he gave me the business card for the tire place he goes to. He scribbled a note on it for me but I didn't look at it at the time. A few days later I go call and ask to speak to a Kelly Radial (i said it like rah-die-all) - this is what my BIL had written on the card! The lady is like, uh , 'scuse me, who? And i said I'm looking for Kelly Radial, she pauses for a minute, and finally says, there's no one by that name that works here, but that does sound like a tire we sell..........

I was sooooo embarrassed. :eek:

:reject:

So, i don't know if this has been done before/recently (if it has, I humbly accept 50 lashes with a wet noodle), but anybody willing to share their most embarrassing moment?

*This* story was not the worst, I have a more embarrassing one I'll save for later.......

I don't have any really embarassing stories, but this is kinda bad:

Last year I was I was sitting in a classroom waiting for class to begin. There were about 15 other students in the room. I was wearing a pullover windbreaker, and when I took it off I managed to pull up my shirt with it, flashing my bra to the entire class! :eek: No one said anything, but I'm sure some people saw.

once I was in town with a new friend, and this man walked past about 20 feet away from us. He looked really really funny - like a mad Einstein or something. His trousers were too short and he just looked completely insane. So I point him out and I'm laughing and really taking the piss out of him - really going overboard. she waits for me to finish before saying 'that's my dad'.

:scream: :scream: :ohmy: :eek:

oh dear god I have never wanted the ground to open up and swallow me so much as I did at that moment. Serves me right for laughing at strangers in the street - I'm sure he's a lovely person and didn't deserve me laughing at him........

Oh, and we didn't manage to stay friends after that little episode.....:reject:

another time I was at work on a saturday and the office was really really quiet. I thought there was no one else in there......I had a hangover and a bit of a acidic hangover stomach....and (god this is embarassing) I farted really loudly. A proper hangover fart. (I'm such a lady :laugh: ) Then I look up and see a whole group of people about 10 feet away that were a bit hidden from view. Oh the shame....:eeklaugh:

Okay in 8th grade, we were discussing chemical warfare and why its so bad. So at the end of class i went to go ask my teacher a question and instead of saying ORGANISMS,i said ORGASMS!!!

and

At my first U2 concert, I drank to much Lemonade and so right when U2 got onstage I had to go to the bathroom and so i told my sister that and she got all mad at me and I started crying and pple were telling my sister to take me to the bathroom!!

psst it was at LA COLLISEUM and so there was no way that I was going by myself bc I would have gotten losted, besides we werent sitting where we were supposed to!!!

:lol: :lol:

OK, I'll go.

This might not make any sense and you totally had to be there but here goes....

So I went to school in the coldest place in the world (Marquette, Michigan) and my windshield wipers were constantly freezing over and I'm a moron so I would ALWAYS just try to turn them on high to make them start moving again cuz that was so much easier than getting out of the car and chipping them off the windshield. Needless to say, I had to have at least one wiper replaced each year. So, one year, I lose a wiper and call up the Nissan dealer and proceed to tell them that my windshield came off. NOT WIPER BUT WINDSHIELD. So they are a bit shocked and this is how the conversation went:

ME: Hi, uhhh, I need to get my windshield replaced and I was wondering if I could set up a time to do that?
THEM: Sure, what happened?
ME: Oh, it just flew off when I was driving.
THEM: Oh my God! How long ago did this happen?
ME: About 3 days ago. I've just been too lazy to get it replaced.
THEM: Well, have you been driving the car?
ME: Yeah, but it looks pretty stupid because the part that didn't fly off is just sticking up in the air (that was the non-blade part of the wiper). Ha ha ha......
THEM: You have been driving around like this????
ME: Well, yeah, its not that big of a deal.
THEM: Were you hurt?
ME: (At this point I'm starting to get confused) Well.....no.
THEM: Well, we need to order the parts and that could take another week. We could get you a loaner car if you need it.
ME: (Suddenly realizing what the hell is going on) OH. MY. GOD. (It was all i could do to NOT hang up) Wait. Did I say windshield? I mean windshield wiper. Ahem.
THEM: OH. Well, you can just go to any store and buy that part. You don't need to come into the dealer for that. (click)

SO EMBARRASSING.

OMG - MK - I am laughing so hard right now, and not just cuz I can relate to the sucky Michigan winters! :lmao:

Rachel - I'm sure none of the boys minded....:ohmy:

bammo - holy cow, what are the chances??? :lol:

bonosloveslave said:
OMG - MK - I am laughing so hard right now, and not just cuz I can relate to the sucky Michigan winters! :lmao:

No kidding, huh? I mean, seriously, my car would just be an ice block driving down the street because, of course, I never took the time to actually start my car and warm it up.
My favorite mornings were the ones were I had to drive with my head out the window like a damn Golden Retriever because I thought that it would be such a good idea to just pull out of the driveway before the defrost kicked in. Sometimes I would make it even better by trying to use my washer fluid in the hopes that it would get the ice off sooner. :banghead:
It never worked and I never learned.

bonosloveslave said:

Kelly - I don't think I even *knew* that word in the 8th grade :laugh:

I have 2 older sisters and so my mom and sisters would talk and i just would ask questions thats how i found out about that at that age!!

:lol: :lol:

I love the windshield wiper story!

Kind of a funny story involving my gram:

We were out one day and she wasnt feeling quite well so she turns to me ang goes (loudly) Kelly get your mom bc IM QUEER!!!(queer to her means feeling lousy or funky) but no else in the area knew that and so i got so many stares!

and also one time my gram when i told her not to eat something in a restaurant said " OH BALLS" really loud and yet again i got more stares!!!:lol:

when i was in 8th grade i remember sitting at the dinner table with my parents and they were asking me about school. well i went into detail about my science class and told them that i learned a new word and instead of saying organism i said orgasim...:lol:...my mom and dad went slient and changed the subject. i had know idea what i said at the time, because i thought i knew what i was saying. as an 8th grader i had no clue about the meaning of orgasim and quite frankly i am still waiting for this to be properly explained to me. ;) hahaha...*cough* anyway, that my funny moment as a kid..:wave:

Most embarrassing moments? Wow...so many to choose from!!! :laugh:

One time, at church choir, I had to miss practice because of work. At Sunday's performance, they didn't tell me they had changed the way we were doing the song. Instead of starting to sing at the normal spot, we waited while a second instrumental introduction was played. However...at the old starting spot...I began belting out the words...then I realized I was the only one! :uhoh: :reject: I'm sure my face was bright red!

Then there was this one time at my high school's Shakespeare Festival. My sister was a senior, and I was a freshman. The senior tug of war team was going against the freshman tug of war team, but the freshmen needed one more person. I was right there, so they asked me to join in last minute. I was not dressed for the occasion though. I was wearing a Shakespearian gown and high heels. I kicked off my heels and took my position at the front. However, it had been raining, and the ground was muddy and slippery. I ended up slipping and falling backwards. As I did, a gust of wind blew my long skirt up and over my head, which disoriented me, and I couldn't pull my skirt down right away because I panicked and was fumbling. My sister saw it...my sister's senior friends saw it (including hot guys)...my classmates saw it...my teachers saw it...and everybody was just roaring with laughter. I hid in the bathroom for the rest of the festival and cried. I still haven't lived that one down. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom