A Moment of Randooomdadoooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Falcon balloon story :crack:

So, I come here on the day of no one in particular's wedding to ask a question. Let's say, after college, I wanted to move to Wisconsin. Are there any parts in particular that are pretty snazzy?
Madison/Middleton area. A friend lives in Middleton and it is up and coming. Middleton:Best Places to Live 2009 - Top 100: City details: Middleton, WI - from MONEY Magazine

Milwaukee is your typical big-ish city. The summers here are amazing. Multiple festivals every weekend. Lakefront. Right now the economy is hitting kinda hard. Harley layoffs and other company's laying off. Heck Kohl's is moving their distribution plant.
LaCrosse is supposed to be :up: Eau Claire I don't know much about.

OMG....the first picture on the website is pumpkin spice malted milkballs....:drool::drool::drool: I think pumpkin spice anything is just delightful.

Speaking of pumpkin spice :love: my entire house smells like the pumpkin spice wallflower and foaming handsoap from Bath and Body works. I bought 3 of the soaps for $10 and had a coupon for one free. Then I bought 2 of the wallflower refills for $6.00 each (normally 12.50 each) plus I had a 20% off coupon and I got a freebie travel bottle. I also did another transaction so I could get a 2nd soap for free so I'm all pumpkin spiced up for the winter! The lady that checked me out said she really loves it when people are "smart" enough to come in with multiple coupons and do separate transactions so they can get lots of free goodies. I always think they're going to tell me I can't do that anymore :reject: I've only had 1 employee at a store tell me she would only give me one coupon for all of my transactions. I was not happy. :angry: I have so many coupons for that place now that I should really give them away or just toss them because I don't need anything and always spend too much money in there. :reject:
I saw those malt balls too, but didn't order them :( They also have some baking stuff. I have had such a craving for the chocolate cov'd orange peel that I just had to finally order it again. The candy company I used to work for made great peel, but since they are no longer around I had to find somewhere else that had the *good*stuff.

That was where I was going to go after work! Dang! Ahhhhhhh well, next Friday when I am at the mall I will hit B&B and check out the pumpkin stuff.

Madison/Middleton area. A friend lives in Middleton and it is up and coming. Middleton:Best Places to Live 2009 - Top 100: City details: Middleton, WI - from MONEY Magazine

Milwaukee is your typical big-ish city. The summers here are amazing. Multiple festivals every weekend. Lakefront.
LaCrosse is supposed to be :up:

Hey thanks :D. I don't want to live in a big city too much even though Milwaukee seems GREAT. On the other hand, I want to work in television, so I need to keep that in mind. I'll probably stay in Texas for a couple years after I graduate, but I really, at this point, want to live in Wisconsin, Oregon, or Maine.

I saw those malt balls too, but didn't order them :( They also have some baking stuff. I have had such a craving for the chocolate cov'd orange peel that I just had to finally order it again. The candy company I used to work for made great peel, but since they are no longer around I had to find somewhere else that had the *good*stuff.

That was where I was going to go after work! Dang! Ahhhhhhh well, next Friday when I am at the mall I will hit B&B

World Market also has a lot of great chocolate/orange stuff. I'm still so mad they aren't in MN anymore! :madwife: Maybe I'll look to see where the closest one in WI is and take a drive on Sat afternoon. The good news about WM leaving is a Trader Joe's is opening up in the vacant spot. The one I go to by the lake has a super tiny parking lot with some street parking nearby. There's a lot of shops and some condos so the street parking is always almost more limited that the lot. The other TJ's in the area is just so out of the way of anything so I'm excited about the new one but really wish it wasn't because there's no World Market there anymore :sad:

Come to Florida guys. 90+ temps all week.

There's nothing like having to come home on your lunch break to take a shower because you've been working outside in the morning :yuck:.

Thank goodness tomorrow is an indoor day.

Co-worker and her son are heading down to Orlando/Disney area tomorrow. I would kill to see Kevin with some of the characters :giggle:

Hey thanks :D. I don't want to live in a big city too much even though Milwaukee seems GREAT. On the other hand, I want to work in television, so I need to keep that in mind. I'll probably stay in Texas for a couple years after I graduate, but I really, at this point, want to live in Wisconsin, Oregon, or Maine.

You're welcome :D. Milwaukee gets Bruce is another drawing point :up: U2 goes between Milw. and Madison and now apparently the rumored Green Bay
Are you familiar with upper midwest winters? Not to scare you off :wink:

World Market also has a lot of great chocolate/orange stuff. I'm still so mad they aren't in MN anymore! :madwife: Maybe I'll look to see where the closest one in WI is and take a drive on Sat afternoon. The good news about WM leaving is a Trader Joe's is opening up in the vacant spot. The one I go to by the lake has a super tiny parking lot with some street parking nearby. There's a lot of shops and some condos so the street parking is always almost more limited that the lot. The other TJ's in the area is just so out of the way of anything so I'm excited about the new one but really wish it wasn't because there's no World Market there anymore :sad:
We still have our WM. I hope it is around next year. The Christmas season will prolly be the deciding factor.
For a while it was rumored that a Target wanted in at the mall where WM is. Haven't heard anything lately.

I would love a Target but I think I would be the death of a few anchors if that happened.

I have never been to a TJ's or a Whole Foods.

You're welcome :D. Milwaukee gets Bruce is another drawing point :up: U2 goes between Milw. and Madison and now apparently the rumored Green Bay
Are you familiar with upper midwest winters? Not to scare you off :wink:

Oh my God, if that Green Bay rumor comes to fruition :love:

Oh yes, I'm from northwest Indiana, I just go to school in Texas. After four years of no real winter, I never want to have that again :lol:.

Oh my God, if that Green Bay rumor comes to fruition :love:

Oh yes, I'm from northwest Indiana, I just go to school in Texas. After four years of no real winter, I never want to have that again :lol:.

Amen, sister friend! Lambeau :drool:

I need 4 seasons in my life. I would lose my mind somewhere that didn't have that. San Diego as a example......nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there. Same, same, same.

We still have our WM. I hope it is around next year. The Christmas season will prolly be the deciding factor.
For a while it was rumored that a Target wanted in at the mall where WM is. Haven't heard anything lately.

I would love a Target but I think I would be the death of a few anchors if that happened.

I have never been to a TJ's or a Whole Foods.

Whole Foods is way overpriced. You probably could find quinoa at both places, for sure whole foods.

ok WM site totally sucks. You have to enter in a street, city, and state OR a zip code. I looked up Madison zip codes and there's a WM in Middleton, which is 4 1/2 hours away. I would like to just see the entire state! I also looked up Vegas since I'll be there next week :der: I'd have to rent a car to get to it since it's nowhere near anything. I thought I saw one closer to the strip when my sister and I were driving around last year. Must have been something else.

36537333.jpg

OMG! I almost spat my beverage across the laptop :lmao:

Amen, sister friend! Lambeau :drool:

I need 4 seasons in my life. I would lose my mind somewhere that didn't have that. San Diego as a example......nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there. Same, same, same.

I've never been, and I'm dying to go. This would be the BEST reason aside from a Packers' game.

As much as I DO love Fall and Winter, the four days I spent in San Diego made me want to retire there. Not live there my whole life, I need Fall and Winter, but, definitely a retirement option :wink:

Ok I had Diet Coke for Brkfst. Yeah I know.....
I had a large Diet Coke for lunch.
I had a diet coke during dinner.

What are the odds I sleep tonight?

A few of my favorite pictures from the trip to Ireland last summer (nine members of my family went--it was a blast!).

Bunratty Castle (Our flight landed in Shannon at 5:45 a.m. We discovered that nothing in Ireland opens before noon on Sunday.)

062809BunrattyCastle1.jpg

The ruins of Cong Abbey

062909CongAbbeyGate.jpg

062909CongAbbeyCloisters.jpg

Forest gate at Cong Abbey fisherman's cottage

062909CongAbbeyMonksForestGate.jpg

Slea Head, Dingle Peninsula

070109SleaHeadCliffs.jpg

My nephew Raleigh surprised us by bringing (and actually wearing!) the kilt that he wears when performing with the "fantasy metal" band he's in, Lorengard.

070109DinglePeninsula-WildColonialB.jpg

The Seven Sisters, Slea Head, Dingle Peninsula

070109SleaHeadSevenSisters.jpg

Atlantic Ocean, Slea Head (No Line on the Horizon)

070109SleaHeadHorizon.jpg

Blarney Castle

070209BlarneyCastle1.jpg

From the top of Blarney Castle

070209BlarneyCastleTower.jpg

Our tour group after the "tasting" at the Jameson Distillery--I'm the blonde in the dark shirt, second row, fourth from right

070309JamesonDistilleryGroupShot2.jpg

From the window in our hotel room in Kinsale

070309KinsaleHarbor.jpg

The Rock of Cashel was pretty much the "holy grail" of the trip for me, so I have a ton of pictures taken there. Here are a few.

A storm blew up as we were climbing the hill to the Rock, but was over shortly after we got to the top.

070409Rock-of-Cashel1A.jpg

070409Rock-of-Cashel2.jpg

070409Rock-of-Cashel7-Tomb.jpg

070409Rock-of-Cashel13GreatHall.jpg

Ha'Penny Bridge in Dublin

0070409Dublin-HaPennyBridge.jpg

070409Dublin-HaPennyBridge.jpg

Burial mounds at Knowth

070509KnowthBurialMounds6.jpg

Newgrange Burial Mound

070509Newgrange2.jpg

Sun box at Newgrange, where the rising sun on December 21, the Winter Solstice, enters and illuminates the inner chamber

070509Newgrange6Sunbox.jpg

Wow, those pictures are just beautiful! What a wonderful thing to see this morning when I checked into randooom. Some day I will get to Ireland.
Just stunning. Thanks for sharing these :)

Co-worker and her son are heading down to Orlando/Disney area tomorrow. I would kill to see Kevin with some of the characters :giggle:

My parents left this morning for Disney! They'll love some 90 degrees since it has already been snowing in New England, too. My brother and I tend to do frequent check-ups on them since the time they gave some strangers a ride back to a hotel after the Epcot fireworks...

Thanks, y'all--if you ever get the chance to go to Ireland, do eeeeet! I'm ready to go back--I find myself feeling "homesick" for it now and then.

Schmeg, I hope your folks have a wonderful time. E-mail from my sister Patt in Orlando (swandiver on interference) says that "fall" has arrived, and it's only about 80 degrees today. That sounds about perfect to me!

Ireland :heart: I want to go back. Those are awesome pictures!

Edit: whoa I thought I was positing in a picture thread not a chat thread! :lol:

Aw well, my point still stands. :)

My parents left this morning for Disney! They'll love some 90 degrees since it has already been snowing in New England, too. My brother and I tend to do frequent check-ups on them since the time they gave some strangers a ride back to a hotel after the Epcot fireworks...
~jealous~ gave some strangers a ride back to a hotel?

Disney has to get back into my world soon. I have been watching Youtube videos :reject: Expedition Everest :drool: Haunted Mansion :love:
Bought Big Man Clarence Clemons book today. So far so good :up:

I bought Runaway Dream when it came out and plan on reading that this week esp. now that Born To Run is being played here. Page 149 has a re-do of the Born To Run album cover............Burt is leaning on Cookie Monsters shoulder just like Springsteen/Clemons :cute:

I'm bored, and I'm getting drunk texts from my mom in Disney World. Something's not fair about that. :angry:

We are watching Yankees/Angels, two long-time Red Sox enemies, and no matter what happens, I cheer because it's bad for the other team. The Angels dropped a ball? Hooray! Line drive that drops well in front of the Yankees outfield? Hooray! At least if it were the National league I'd know to cheer for the Phillies...

Back
Top Bottom