A Moment of Randooomdadoooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OOOOOOO lack of sympathy, I will have to remember that :wink:
Congrats on doing a good job / lack of sympathy

untitled-3.jpg

Scrubbed :grumpy: Glad I drank that large iced coffee after 5 pm :happy: Now I will be awake to watch some bad tv and not a shuttle launch

OOOOOOO lack of sympathy, I will have to remember that :wink:
Congrats on doing a good job / lack of sympathy

I didn't think I deserved it since I was the dumbass who ran the red light. It was refreshing to be picked on all day by underwriters and claims adjusters.

And my insurance company and my auto body shop dropped the ball on my rental so I am at the mercy of friends driving my sorry ass around for another day. At least I did it BEFORE we moved far away where were don't know anyone...

ETA: Holy moley this is huge.

I think It looks worse today than it did last night. I was either really shaken up or just in denial. I didn't realize it was the whole fricken passenger side.

:sad:

DSCN1077.jpg

Last edited:
^I vote for shaken up and in denial. Don't see how you couldn't have been dealing with both feelings. Wow

ETA: Holy moley this is huge.

I think It looks worse today than it did last night. I was either really shaken up or just in denial. I didn't realize it was the whole fricken passenger side.

:sad:

DSCN1077.jpg

that's not too bad....I'm sure that's easier for me to say than you! At least you didn't smash in your whole front end and have to spend more on fixing it than you spent on the car :shifty: Hope you get it back to beautiful soon and that it doesn't cost you too much!

I went to the mall this morning and the entire place is covered in #4 jerseys. :crack: Most of the places looked to have more away shirts than home. I didn't find the tee I wanted so I guess I'll get the one at Target. I have to get it before the 1st real game of the year so I can support my new guy! ;) As I was walking by one store there was a teenager and his mom that stopped to look at the stuff. She said something about how she can't believe he's looking at a Favre jersey and he responded with he only wants one so he can write SUX next to the name on the back. :cute:

Another fun mall conversation.....there was a girl and her grandma walking through a section I was shopping in. The girl says "grandma if I'm going to be popular in 4th grade you need to take me to the following stores....so I can get clothes with brand names on them." The grandma responded with "no way. I don't spend that kind of money on clothes for a 4th grader..." The girl threw a tantrum and said her grandma was ruining her life and now there's no chance she'll be popular this year since her parents said the same thing about clothes. It was hilarious listening to her talk about how she had to be the most popular girl in class this year. Have fun trying :up:

Favre SUX :lol:
Me likey :yes:

:crack: concerning the grandma/girl conversation. I have been hearing little brats, I mean children, having similar attitude issues at the mall/store.

Gotta look at the Trim book tonight for tomorrow. Don't wanna.
Saving graces tomorrow, V and K.
It will also be a early night since the alarm will go off in the 5-5:30 range.

Looking forward to 4 pm tomorrow. I feel like all I do lately is wish my life away ~ After tomorrow I look forward to Sunday, my next day off.

that's not too bad....I'm sure that's easier for me to say than you! At least you didn't smash in your whole front end and have to spend more on fixing it than you spent on the car :shifty: Hope you get it back to beautiful soon and that it doesn't cost you too much!

It's easier for you to say, but I like hearing it! After the total damage sunk in yesterday I was starting to be glad I bought the gap coverage.

It'll cost me $500 plus whatever we might go over in the rental...$25 a day up to $600. They tried to convince me that was a "coupon" for a rental of my choice. I told them I chose something less than $25 a day. I am now in a Pontiac Vibe...which is better than no car at all and they can put the roomie on there for free (since his car lives in MN right now and will soon be moving to GA...) but I am now REALLY REALLY SORRY I smashed my VeeDub.

On a positive note...I can now return a favor for my friend who brought me into work today, and give her a ride this evening! Things are looking up.

:doh::angry: I posted a bunch of crap, literally, on craigslist today. I said NO TEXTS AND CASH ONLY and so far I've gotten 2 texts asking about stuff and one was if they could write me a check. I have unlimited texting but I think it's just a pain the ass to communicate with a stranger, as I did last night for a half hour back and forth, so I asked for calls or emails. I'm totally ignoring anyone that texts me. It's just a bunch of junk on there for really cheap so it's not like I'm going to make a million bucks on the stuff anyways. I did talk to one person this afternoon that said she and her son would be over tonight to pick up a couch. They're 25 minutes late so I don't think they're coming. :angry:

It's easier for you to say, but I like hearing it! After the total damage sunk in yesterday I was starting to be glad I bought the gap coverage.

It'll cost me $500 plus whatever we might go over in the rental...$25 a day up to $600. They tried to convince me that was a "coupon" for a rental of my choice. I told them I chose something less than $25 a day. I am now in a Pontiac Vibe...which is better than no car at all and they can put the roomie on there for free (since his car lives in MN right now and will soon be moving to GA...) but I am now REALLY REALLY SORRY I smashed my VeeDub.

On a positive note...I can now return a favor for my friend who brought me into work today, and give her a ride this evening! Things are looking up.

Well hopefully you'll have your car back soon!

:angry: this craigslist stuff is more annoying than anything. The person who sounded like she desperately wanted the couch I have listed never showed up. It would be PERFECT for her son's dorm room since it's a dark color and a sectional. I just had someone else call me to inquire about the couch and when I said it's still available she gave me a "it is?!?! Wow! I thought it would be gone..." WTF. It it was gone I'd take the ad down. I guess maybe a lot of people don't bother to take down their ad but I think that stupid because then you have people calling you for something you don't have anymore. She's going to call me back :happy:

:|

I have to get rid of all of this stuff so we have room in our basement and my storage for all of the stuff we have to get out of my grandpa's house by this weekend. My sister sold a bunch of her furniture in Phx within a day or so of putting it all up. It was like furniture store central one afternoon. She made it seem so much easier than it is. I've had some of this stuff up since last week and haven't heard about over half of it. :sad: Some of it's nice stuff but it's all just inherited stuff and someday when I can move out again I'd like to just be able to start over rather than have a place full of things that don't match!

Gotta look at the Trim book tonight for tomorrow. Don't wanna.
Saving graces tomorrow, V and K.
It will also be a early night since the alarm will go off in the 5-5:30 range.

Looking forward to 4 pm tomorrow. I feel like all I do lately is wish my life away ~ After tomorrow I look forward to Sunday, my next day off.

Glanced at the book for 30 minutes and have no interest. Tomorrow is gonna be long :|

Shari, did you see in the AARP mag with Brooooooce on the cover that you can enter a contest to win tickets (including airfare and lodging) to his October 3 show? (I'm not entering because I'll be in Virginia then, having been to U2's October 1 show at UVA, then hanging around for a family reunion. :hyper:)

my day flew by today! I got in at 5 and I think my boss got in closer to 8. Next thing I know it was 12:50 and not enough time for me to make anything else so I cleaned up and left. I really like that I do not have to take a break so I can work my 8 hours and I'm out :drool:

Shari, did you see in the AARP mag with Brooooooce on the cover that you can enter a contest to win tickets (including airfare and lodging) to his October 3 show? (I'm not entering because I'll be in Virginia then, having been to U2's October 1 show at UVA, then hanging around for a family reunion. :hyper:)

Yes I have seen that and now own that :D.

my day flew by today! I got in at 5 and I think my boss got in closer to 8. Next thing I know it was 12:50 and not enough time for me to make anything else so I cleaned up and left. I really like that I do not have to take a break so I can work my 8 hours and I'm out :drool:

Wow, ya beat me.

I was in at 7 and worked till 5:15...........break taken.

:happy:

Gotta say we have some really ugly dog ornaments. One is a boxer wearing a blue frilley thing around its neck. Everyone thought it was cute, except for me. I just smiled and didn't say anything.
However, during the day it was referred to as the "blue boxer" and this is the image I saw in my head..........
foto-007.jpg

Yeah, ok so they are swim trunks................they have boxer styling to them.
A co-worker asked at the end of the day why I got this smirk on my face when blue boxer was said............so I had to explain :reject: I told her that when she sees me having a crappy day she should walk up to me and simply say "blue boxer" and I will snap out of it.

Gotta say we have some really ugly dog ornaments. One is a boxer wearing a blue frilley thing around its neck. Everyone thought it was cute, except for me. I just smiled and didn't say anything.
However, during the day it was referred to as the "blue boxer" and this is the image I saw in my head..........
foto-007.jpg

Yeah, ok so they are swim trunks................they have boxer styling to them.
A co-worker asked at the end of the day why I got this smirk on my face when blue boxer was said............so I had to explain :reject: I told her that when she sees me having a crappy day she should walk up to me and simply say "blue boxer" and I will snap out of it.

it too me a second to figure out who that was :der: :reject:

In case I am not around before you leave to see GS tomorrow night, arw, have fun and enjoy *wishing for Lovers Wreck for you*
YouTube - "Lover's Wreck"-Gaelic Storm

ok wow that was different.....I'm not sure I've ever heard it live. I think I looked for videos last summer, when I completely missed seeing them in concert, and I didn't find any. It sounds way different like super slow. Also, it sounds weird with Patrick singing along. :tsk: As much as I love his songs too I think he needs to not sing along when Steve sings! Didn't look like Peter the piper had much going on for this song. I just hope they play it tomorrow! :drool: But I'll be fine as long as they do the classics. I really miss some of their older stuff like Drink the Night Away and Swimming in the Sea. I don't think I've heard either live in years.

Twigger's hair is so short in this video! I liked the longer look he had last week with his cute little hat :love: *must remember camera!*

as usual I'm up way too late. But that's ok because I can take a nice loooong nap tomorrow afternoon and then I just found out I don't work on Sat! My boss calls me so much that I decided to put her on as one of my faves so I don't have to get charged minutes to talk about things we could have talked about before I left! I can't wait until she starts doing a printed weekly schedule. That would be awesome...

Back
Top Bottom