A Moment of Randooomdadoooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was just gonna put the laptop down and go to sleep but apparently there is a night shuttle launch. I will now be heading over to NASA tv.

ETA
Really? Oh come on. A storm develops and it goes from "go" to "40% go" and "60% no go" :grumpy:
Thunderstorm, GO away!

oooooooo, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, oooooooooooo, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *fireworks*

Not in the sky but between the parental units. Happy to be off :happy:

They don't agree on the placement of something and the last word I heard coming from mom's mouth was smartass and it was directed at dad. Dad just stood there turning red, threw his arms up and walked away.

Exceeeeeelllllllllllent.

oooooooo, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, oooooooooooo, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *fireworks*

Not in the sky but between the parental units. Happy to be off :happy:

They don't agree on the placement of something and the last word I heard coming from mom's mouth was smartass and it was directed at dad. Dad just stood there turning red, threw his arms up and walked away.

Exceeeeeelllllllllllent.

sounds like my house!

work up 10 minutes late today which meant I got on the road 5 minutes late which means I'm guaranteed to be 5 minutes late for work since I have my entire morning timed perfectly. I got to the highway, which is about 5 minutes into my 20 minute drive, and got dumped on by rain. It was coming down so hard I almost pulled over under a bridge with the few cars in front of me. But I kept going. Super creepy driving in the dark with buckets falling from the sky. Surprisingly I was still only 5 minutes late. Since I kind of have a pick my own time schedule I wasn't technically late but I'd like to keep my times to the hour or half hour so it doesn't look like I'm "late" to anyone that is watching my times (other than my boss, who doesn't care when I come and go as long as I'm there earlier than her!).

and....I'm off tomorrow! I hope she also gives me Sat off. I have a feeling she's going to call me tomorrow night and tell me to take Thurs off as my 2nd day this week instead. GS is on Friday night so it would be lovely to be able to sleep later than 4 am on Sat :happy: I'm so tired today that I was really happy to hear I'm off tomorrow. I had a feeling I would be but I never know with her. :crack:

work up 10 minutes late today which meant I got on the road 5 minutes late which means I'm guaranteed to be 5 minutes late for work since I have my entire morning timed perfectly. I got to the highway, which is about 5 minutes into my 20 minute drive, and got dumped on by rain. It was coming down so hard I almost pulled over under a bridge with the few cars in front of me. But I kept going. Super creepy driving in the dark with buckets falling from the sky. Surprisingly I was still only 5 minutes late. Since I kind of have a pick my own time schedule I wasn't technically late but I'd like to keep my times to the hour or half hour so it doesn't look like I'm "late" to anyone that is watching my times (other than my boss, who doesn't care when I come and go as long as I'm there earlier than her!).

and....I'm off tomorrow! I hope she also gives me Sat off. I have a feeling she's going to call me tomorrow night and tell me to take Thurs off as my 2nd day this week instead. GS is on Friday night so it would be lovely to be able to sleep later than 4 am on Sat :happy: I'm so tired today that I was really happy to hear I'm off tomorrow. I had a feeling I would be but I never know with her. :crack:

GS on Friday night :hyper:...............certain people wouldn't mind a phone call :flirt: Um, yeah, it would be nice to have Saturday off too just for the sleeping thing alone.
I would like a rainy off day and I just can't get one. It was supposed to rain today and now suddenly it is "to the north" :sigh:

hey Shari.....your Bruce is on the cover of AARP this month! The parents get it in the mail. I didn't look through it yet...
:yes: indeedy he is :drool:

I hunted all over for it. Found it at B & N :up:
My boss also began a conversation with "I got my AARP and Bruce Springsteen is on the cover".........I was NOT about to ask him for it. Running all over town was more appealing. A co-worker also mentioned that if they ever get their copy at home, she would bring it to me when they were done with it.

:yes: indeedy he is :drool:

I hunted all over for it. Found it at B & N :up:
My boss also began a conversation with "I got my AARP and Bruce Springsteen is on the cover".........I was NOT about to ask him for it. Running all over town was more appealing. A co-worker also mentioned that if they ever get their copy at home, she would bring it to me when they were done with it.

oh good....I was going to steal it and send it to you!

any particular song? Of course they don't seem to stick to one setlist so you never know with them what they're going to play. I just really hope they play Lover's Wreck. I was so bummed they didn't play it at Irish Fest. I was right in front of Twigger all night long so it would have just been perfect for him to sing it. We had to buy assigned seats for this show and it looks like I'm a good 8-10 rows back :grumpy: The only time I've seen GS outside of a general admission festival setting is in small club also with ga so this will be interesting. It'll be the furthest away I've ever been! :sad: The stage at the Irish Fair in St Paul is a shorter stage so they let you stand right at the stage. :drool: That's the best but Irish Fest was just as good if not better for picture taking sake. It's almost too hard to get a good shot of them when your THIS close.

just cause....these are from 2006 when Bring Yer Wellies came out....

from the very front....makes you feel like you're on the stage with them! :love:
IMG_0099.jpg

They all wore wellies the 2nd night :cute:
IMG_0106.jpg

:drool: Twigger :drool:
IMG_0094.jpg

Car shmar. Are you ok?

Sorry I disappeared after that. Lots of people were calling me asking the same thing.

I'm okay, just sad I crunched my car. We got in in March. I swear the light was green...I looked down...and then as I looked up it was red and I thought, "Holy shit, I'm going through a red light!" And then the SUV came along, hit the back quarter panel, and spun me around half a turn. Not fun. But I'm okay and I think the people in the SUV were only saying they had injuries to get some money. Whatever...

Sorry I disappeared after that. Lots of people were calling me asking the same thing.

I'm okay, just sad I crunched my car. We got in in March. I swear the light was green...I looked down...and then as I looked up it was red and I thought, "Holy shit, I'm going through a red light!" And then the SUV came along, hit the back quarter panel, and spun me around half a turn. Not fun. But I'm okay and I think the people in the SUV were only saying they had injuries to get some money. Whatever...
:yikes: and I figured that is why you disappeared...........
Thank Goodness you are ok :hug:

:angry: about SUV people seeing $$$$$$$$$ signs.

Is your car repairable?
I am just glad you are ok.

:yikes: and I figured that is why you disappeared...........
Thank Goodness you are ok :hug:

:angry: about SUV people seeing $$$$$$$$$ signs.

Is your car repairable?
I am just glad you are ok.

The car seems to be repairable. I took some pictures when I went to make sure it was at the body shop. I did a good job. :sigh:

I work for an auto insurance company and our personal auto department is non-standard, ie: bad drivers. Now everyone has been asking me if I'm looking for a discount. My boss told me I could still make fun of our insureds. A lady in Accounting asked if I was color blind. The complete lack of sympathy was actually EXACTLY what I needed.

Back
Top Bottom