A Michael Learns To Rock Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Probably my ULTIMATE guilty pleasure. Forget Mew or, uh, actually I dunno any other bands from Denmark. Norway have Sondre Lerche and Kings of Convenience; Sweden has Jens Lekman and various awesome punk bands; Iceland has Bjork and Sigur Ros, and Denmark has Michael Learns To Rock. Hmmmm.

Yeah anyway MLTR don't have any members called Michael, and they don't really rock per se; their specialty is huge, weepy power ballads that brought them massive success in this part of the world for quite some time in the early-mid nineties. They're really not worth checking out, but seeing one of their videos on late night MTV some time ago brought back some nice (and maybe not so nice) and on the off chance you know their music do comiserate with me!

Paint My Love Yertle :laugh:

Holy Crap,, A MLTR appreciation thread. Well i know them very well ( Since i am Danish ). I am not afraid to admit that i have several of their songs on well...... constant rotation on Itunes.

I think they are huge in China right now :laugh:

The Actor
Paint My Love
Don´t Have To Lose
25 Minutes

= 100% cheesy

But i like it :wink:

Wow!!! I never thought I'd even see the name MLTR after I left India. :laugh:

They are quite popular over there and in the rest of Asia. Or at least they were in the mid and late 90s! But I can kinda see why people in the US ignore them. :wink:

Personal guilty pleasures include Actor, Paint My Love, That's Why You Go Away, Someday and 25 Minutes. But I almost forgot about that last one until yims reminded me. :ohmy:

I´m not an actor
i´m not a star
And i dont even have my own car

:ohmy:

:laugh:

Oh my sleeping child
the world’s so wild
But you’ve built your own
paradise
That’s one reason why
I cover you sleeping child

Okay, we could do this all night! :lol:

The lyrics really are cheesy as hell, aren't they? But I used to like them in the 90s along with all the other top 40 crap! :reject:

That's Why does have a nice singalong chorus! All said and done, despite the lovey dovey lyrics... they made some really pretty pop songs! :up:

Back
Top Bottom