A magical evening of music....with Air Supply

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungBono

Refugee
WOW!.....that's all I can say!

I saw Air Supply in concert on Saturday night at the Amphi-Park in Ra'anana Israel and the only word I can use to describe it is: PERFECTION!!!

AS is one of the most popular groups in Israel and their greatest hits CD has been a constant best seller for the past 20 years.
They are one of my favorite groups and after waiting for 20-odd years for them to come here my patience was rewarded BIG TIME!

The venue is outdoors and there are seats in front for 6,000 people plus room on the grass for another 2,000. In short, 8,000 people attended the show and to say it was breathtaking is so inadequate.......it was so much more than that.

They opened the show with a documentary-style video of their career up till now. When that was over, the stage went dark and then Graham Russell and Russell Hitchcock took to the stage and the crowd erupted in such thunderous applause that I'm sure could be heard for miles. They opened with "Sweet Dreams" (one of my least favorite songs I admit) and the audience politely applauded. Then came the first notes of "Even the nights are better" and from then on they totally OWNED the crowd! I screamed so loudly (lol) because I LOVE this song......

After a few songs, Graham greeted us with "Layla Tov" (which is Good Night in Hebrew). We all laughed and applauded his efforts to speak Hebrew to us - which was a nice gesture. When the lights came up he took a look at the huge crowd and joked: "Gee, why did it take so long for us to come to Israel?" We all laughed and I shouted "why indeed??".

To make a very long story short, they went through their entire set list of hits - including "Lost in love", "Here I am", "The One that you love", "Every woman in the world" until they finally closed the show after two hours with "All Out Of Love".

The evening was just perfect. The weather was beautiful and I was with one of my best friends. We lay on the grass, listening to one of our favorite bands and looked up at the stars......I'm shivering just thinking about it.

In short, it was a wonderful concert experience and I'm actually still on cloud 9.....

Here's their performance of "All out of love" that closed the show.

I really hope they make it here again.

YouTube - Air Supply Live in Israel - All Out of Love

Glad you had a wonderful time. :) I haven't listened to Air Supply in forever. Over the years I have grown out of their style of music. But I do like that one song of theirs from 1993 or so, Goodbye. Did they play that one?

YouTube - Air Supply-Goodbye

Glad you had a wonderful time. :) I haven't listened to Air Supply in forever. Over the years I have grown out of their style of music. But I do like that one song of theirs from 1993 or so, Goodbye. Did they play that one?

YouTube - Air Supply-Goodbye

Hello Zoot,

It's funny because Graham said: "we usually mean the lyrics to our songs, but in this case we DON'T...." and then they played "Goodbye".....:hyper:

As for growing out of their style - Barry Manilow says that a good love song will never go out of style. So even if someone is the most hard core Ramones fan or even Insane Clown Posse, I'm sure he can find a place in the heart for "Making love out of nothing at all" or "Two less lonley people in the world". After all, EVERYBODY loves to be in love and, let's face it, the world being what it is today, it's so great to still be able to lie down in the grass with someone you love and listen to a great love song that really reaches down through the tatoos and pierced tongues straight to the heart.

Here is a 10 minute selection of songs from the Israeli show.

YouTube - Air Supply - Live in Israel

Back
Top Bottom