A little joke for Monday... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 01-21-2002, 11:53 AM   #1
Elvis' Naughty Angel
Local Time: 03:36 AM
A little joke for Monday...

Someone posted this joke on the Slane Group list and I thought it was funny. I think original credit goes out to someone at Zootopia. Sorry if it's been posted before...

So it's 30 years from now, and Paul McCartney has died. He arrives at the Pearly Gates and finds God already there, waiting to personally welcome the great musician into Heaven.

"I am very pleased with you, My Son," God tells Paul. "You have done many great things. How would you like a personal tour of Heaven?"

Paul is flattered and excited, and agrees to accompany God. First, God takes Paul to a little tumbledown shack. It is humble and dingy. A tiny, tattered Beatles banner hangs in the window. "This," God gestures at the house, "is your house here in Heaven. You shall spend eternity here." Paul is confused, and visibly upset. "God," Paul
says, "I don't mean to be ungrateful. But why is my house so small?" God laughs warmly. "I don't think you understand. This is a very rare gift. Only my very special children receive houses." "Oh! In that case, I am very honoured. Thank you, God." He eyes his new home appreciatively for a moment, and then they continue on the tour.

After a while, they come to a huge mansion. It is the most spectacular home Paul McCartney has ever seen. The yard stretches are far as he can see. A giant U2 banner is flying from the flagpole. Groundskeepers in U2 shirts and fly shades are scurrying about, trimming hedges into lemons. The gates to the mansion form a giant PopMart arch. Paul is furious. He stares incredulously at the house. God notices his discomfiture, and enquires, "Whatever is the matter, My Son?"
"God," Paul says, his voice shaking, "I don't mean to be ungrateful. But I played with the Beatles, God. We were the greatest rock band in the universe. We broke every record there was to break. We defined rock and roll music. I am truly thankful for my house, God. Really. But look at Bono's house! I have accomplished so much, and receive only a tiny house. Why should Bono's house be so grand?"

God is amused. He ruffles Paul's hair affectionately. "You are mistaken, My Child. There is nothing to be upset about." He gestures at the property. " This is not Bono's house. This is my house."

Old 01-21-2002, 01:42 PM   #2
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 02:36 AM

the lights are down, but you don't sleep so tight. the word's around that we play for keeps tonight...

Old 01-22-2002, 11:52 AM   #3
New Yorker
Local Time: 02:36 AM
this was funny, even on a tuesday!!
Old 01-22-2002, 12:22 PM   #4
She wore graaaapes
Local Time: 01:36 AM
Old 01-22-2002, 12:34 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Local Time: 12:36 AM