A hypothetical [containing some adult related content]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
For those who don't know what a hypothetical is, see:
http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=hypothetical

Not, that it will help much anyway...

The scenario is:

A girl meets a guy.
She doesn't think much of him on first impression.
She hangs out with him for a couple of hours and doesn't bother to get his name.
Despite not being her type (as well as thinking he's a bit weird) she screws him anyway.
Then afterwards doesn't particularly want to have much to do with him.

Question:

What does this TELL YOU about the girl?

I don't know but send her my way
wink.gif

A very compassionate and social girl, who's helping the unattractive male getting sex, because otherwise they'll never get it......
And that will make them frustrated, and we all know what kind of bad stuff young frustrated males can give in this society.
So ultimately, I'd consider her a heroine!!

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

Though I laughed at Vorsprung's answer, I'd have to say that the girl uses guys for sexual pleasure and doesn't care about their feelings.

Although one thing needs to be clarified for the above to work - did the guy have feelings for her beyond sex? Or was this just a mutual "let's screw and say goodbye" thing? if that's the case than the guy's just as bad.

Originally posted by Diemen:

Although one thing needs to be clarified for the above to work - did the guy have feelings for her beyond sex? Or was this just a mutual "let's screw and say goodbye" thing? if that's the case than the guy's just as bad.

Before hand the girl requests that the guy still talk to her afterwards and they be friends. The guy did want to be friends.

Originally posted by Diemen:

Before hand the girl requests that the guy still talk to her afterwards and they be friends. The guy wanted to be friends and was not phased whether they screwed or not.

Um, I dont know why I'm gonna try answering this, but it's never stopped me before and this is a hypothetical right? And I'll try and be serious...ish...
biggrin.gif

You're talking about sex. Just sex. Its an act that most folks enjoy. People undertake enjoyable experiences all the time and no one bats an eye. But throw in some rollin in the hay and everyone is in an uproar. Why is this? Sure, its probably better to do it with that 'one' you love, but its still good isn't it? Now, using someone for sex is interesting, cos it relates to my previous ramble. Surely its not using someone if you both get something out of it? I mean, really its JUST sex! People have it all the time and no one gives a hoot, why bother getting all huffy and forming an opinion over it? No one is worse in this situ than the other, she is not commiting a crime worthy of a jail term, he didn't want a mortgage and 2.5 kids out of the agreement either.

I dunno really, I just, I dunno...
confused.gif

Additional Information

Before hand the girl requested that they remain friends afterwards, because in the past she'd done that and the guys had ditched her (claiming she wasn?t a slut). So she didn't want this to happen to her again.

The guy, not particularly phased either way about the screwing part only wanted to be friends in the first place - he was feeling a bit down and needed some company. So he was kinda in a vulnerable state.

Afterwards, the guy tries to keep in touch but she doesn't really seem interested in knowing him. He decides not to bother anymore.

Two weeks later she messages him "r u ignoring me?"

What was she expecting him to do? Keep contacting her even though she kept giving him the cold shoulder? What kind of person is she?

Originally posted by JimmyChicken:the guy, not particularly phased either way about the screwing part only wanted to be friends in the first place - he was feeling a bit down and needed some company. So he was kinda in a vulnerable state.
What kind of person is she?[/B]

Apparently she wasn't too 'phased' about the screwing either. That 'lets be friends' hurts coming back the other way. Usually the girl gets that line.

As to what kind of person - that a good semantic - person. Girls, boys and animals - no one should get used or use - but it happens. Sounds like both 'he' and 'she' got used in some sense and used the other at the same time. She sounds kinda needy - maybe it's her turn to feel lonely and vunerable. Either that or she yankin your chain because she can. Some 'people' are like that.

IMHO - Walk away while you still can.

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

I dunno - I don't ever think sex should be JUST sex.

I think sex is a very personal thing that should remain as such between 2 ppl who care for each other. I can't imagine more than one person on earth having carnal knowledge of me. I wouldn't want anyone else to besides my boyfriend.

As for the hypothetical situation mentioned above, I think the girl was just doing what millions of guys do on a regular basis. Though, I believe, more is made out of it because, hypothetically, the woman initiated the encounter, thereby making her seem like a slut - whereas men who do it regularly are just considered, well, regular.

At any rate, I don't agree with two ppl taking part in the physical act of love without being in love, or dramatically caring for each other. Having casual sex results in way too many dramatic soup-opera like scenarios that usually do not end up on the good side of happy. More times than not, casual sex ruins friendships or creates hyper emotions or STD's or pregnancies, or the worry over a pregnancy. Who wants all of that just for a night of instant gratification?

I say all this as someone who is in her mid-twenties, and has been-there-done-that and bought the t-shirt. I am the product of a broken home bc certain older, mature people couldn't control themselves. I am also the sister and best friend of people who are now married bc they got pregnant from casual sex encounters (all of whom were using protection at the time).

We are told to "think before we drink." Why is it that this seems reasonable, but freely engaging in sexual activity with ppl we barely know is not deeply thought out?

Back
Top Bottom