A-hole Phoenix radio DJ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxxern

Refugee
This is technically baseball-related, but I thought it would resonate with people in general. Just how will people go for ratings? Have these people no shame?

Radio DJ stoops to committing prank on Kile

Associated Press

PHOENIX -- St. Louis manager Tony La Russa is irate over a Phoenix-area disc jockey who called the widow of Cardinals pitcher Darryl Kile and asked if she had a date for Thursday's playoff game.

Flynn Kile hung up the phone after KUPD-FM radio personality Beau Duran asked her the question in a call to her Phoenix hotel room, The Arizona Republic reported on its Web site Thursday night.

Chuck Artigue, the market manager for the Sandusky Group which owns KUPD, said the prank "was in terribly bad taste'' but no action would be taken against Duran.

However, La Russa was upset about the situation.

"I'm vehement in saying that whoever is responsible should suffer serious and dire consequences,'' La Russa said. "If we (the Cardinals) could get our hands on them, we would deal with them
physically. It was so brutal that something should happen to them. I hope whoever was responsible gets nailed.''

Artigue said he talked to both major league baseball officials and Arizona Diamondbacks president Rich Dozer to apologize.

Darryl Kile, 33, was found dead in his bed at the team's hotel in Chicago on June 22. An autopsy showed he died from a blockage of the arteries supplying the heart.

Seriously. What was this guy thinking? Did he think it would be funny? :madspit:

Last edited by a moderator:
A great career move

This guy knows his stuff. He gets a crapload of publicity. I'm certain this will catapult him to super stardom.

MAP

Actually, the guy is an idiot.
I don't listen to that station because it's not U2 friendly anyway.
I listen to the decent guys on KDKB that are U2 fans. :sexywink:
There was an apology posted on the KUPD web site, but there's no point in linking y'all there since they are a bunch of morons.
But that DJ did get suspended for a week I heard, and I also heard one of the sponsors will be pulling out too.
Oh well.... that's what they get for allowing some ignoramus talk like a jackass to a still grieving widow.

If the station manager had any integrity...any AT ALL, this man would be fired. But like I said before, this incident and all the attendant publicity will only serve to catapult this dj's career into the stratosphere. He sounds like the next Howard Stern to me.

MAP

This type of cr@p is shoveled through the airwaves every day. Too many of these DJ's just laugh it off as part of the quest for big ratings.

Turn it off and pop in a U2 disc.

Hey I just had to throw my $.02 in on this one. I'm from St. Louis, born and raised. Trust me, if you think you guys are pissed off about this, you should hear our city.

I think our radio stations are handling it well though. At no point since this asshole did this has any DJ here mentioned his name or the name of the station. The always say that they aren't going to give him the attention he is craving right now.

But, I think that we have had the final say! GO CARDS!! We swept 'em in 3!!

The game was great last night, I was there and the moments dedicated to Daryl Kile were just amazing.

So, hopefully that DJ will just shut up now that his home team has had their season ended. I hope he knows that his stupid comments and his funny funny "joke" just inspired the Cardinals even more.

OK, thats all I wanted to say!

My husband told me about this on Friday. I can't believe that dj is not getting fired! The radio station must not be that sorry.

And U2SavesTheWorld, I'm glad y'all won the series. Perhaps the Cards are a team of destiny?

Screaming Flower said:
i just read today that this jackass was fired.

good, he needs to be! I think its terrible whenever DJ make jokes about someone dying ie Britney and Justin or when they harrass family members of the decease ie this case.

Back
Top Bottom