"A History Of Violence"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
Great movie!...saw it last night.

I did not even realized that it was the same director from "Crash"...after I saw the Special Features. Those were good, btw.

I did not think that the sex scenes needed to be there at first, but after listening to the commentary from the director...it made sense.

Check it out.

My dad and I went to see this one weekend when I came home from school because every critic was ballwashing the movie and the director. I honestly didn't think it was that great. Viggo was good, but when is he not. William Hurt didn't deserve an Oscar nod. I'm not saying it was a poor performance, but it was so short that I think giving it an Oscar nomination speaks to how shitty of a year it was for movies last year.

Didn't realize it was the same director as Crash though. I looked on imdb and found out it was a different Crash, not the turd of a film that somehow won best picture.

Maybe I'll give A History Of Violence another chance. One thing I remember is how much I loved the first shot of the film.

I really love Viggo but was kind of hesistant with seeing this movie. Didn't want to watch it and find that it was disappointing. After reading the reviews on here though Im going to check it out.

I saw it a few weeks ago. I thought it was pretty good, but I wish the mob and Viggo's character's involvement in it was more developed.
I saw nothing wrong with the sex scenes, I thought they went with the movie

It's worth a rental. The Ed Harris performance was solid, as usual.

One thumb up overall.

Meh, it was OK. With all the fighting and guns, I kept thinking about 'Scarface', and nothing could ever come close to 'Scarface'.

Back
Top Bottom