a guiltypleasure thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I figure this thread is due again around now

I must say,
with the people I talk music with my greatest guilty pleasure is U2

I hardly mention it, and I'm almost embarressed when I tell them how many u2 cd's I have!
for somebody who adores Elliott Smith and the like....U2 are taboo

also,

Coldplay (sorry bear...will you still hold my hand?)
Big Wreck :silent:

Im with you on U2 and Coldplay, I still like em both.

Id also say any R and B music outside of Marvin Gaye, (im a really big fan of Maxwell)....people think its only about getting sexed up......

:wink:

What's even more interesting are the artists you don't feel guilty about listening to. Come to think of it, I'm not guilty about any of the music I like. There's nothing more annoying than talking music w/ someone, naming a favorite artist, then having the person go on and on about how much they suck and they "can't believe" you like them. I've no problem with someone saying "I don't dig that group" but the moaners are the worst.

Well, I like some of the latter day T.Rex albums (Zip Gun Boogie and Zinc Alloy and the Hidden Riders of Tomorrow), most people who hear them wince in pain.

I actually see merit in a GOOD POP song. I like catchy little "songs of the moment" like "Oops, I did it again" and the like. It isn't about the performer writing the song or the category the performer (will not use the word "artist") fall under - it's the fact that it is catchy - and society jumps all over it and gobbles it up. Yum.

I love Pop Culture, although I view it in the same light as Dark Humor.

This would warrant as guilty pleasures, but I actively enjoy listening to them and would not mind promoting my like of them.

Kylie Minogue
Ronan Keating
Robbie Williams
Appleton
Sugababes
Tatu
Atomic Kitten
Daniel Beddingfield

you get the idea. basically if you asked me to sit through an hour of mtv programming I could get by more or less.

Justin Timberlake. :silent: I think he's pretty. Not hot or sexy, but pretty. Except on that song where he goes, "uhhhI just wanna love you bab-ay" then he's kinda sexy, but not THAT sexy. :wink:

-and-

Hootie & the Blowfish. I know- i'm terrible! I love Darius Rucker's voice and i'll never ever ever get sick of cracked rear view. :reject:

i still like chumbawumba's "tubthumper" album or whatever it's called...i'm too lazy to get up and check the title...the tape is in the other room...

Since this thread started only a few hours ago, I didn't have the chance yet to declare my crush on Michelle Williams from Destiny's Child. In fact, I like many of DC's songs (although I'm not that fond of the ballads). Survivor is great! :up:
So the others may fight over Beyonc? or Kelly, but Michelle is mine! :yes:

Michelle, can you handle this? I don't think you can handle this... :drool:

C ya!

Marty

zonelistener said:
I actually see merit in a GOOD POP song. I like catchy little "songs of the moment" like "Oops, I did it again" and the like. It isn't about the performer writing the song or the category the performer (will not use the word "artist") fall under - it's the fact that it is catchy - and society jumps all over it and gobbles it up. Yum.

I love Pop Culture, although I view it in the same light as Dark Humor.

I totally agree. I for one appreciated 'Mmm Bop' and 'Livin' La Vida Loca' when I was stuck in a traffic jam on a sweltering day in my old car that only got bad radio.

*The Monkees
*Kylie Minogue
*KISS
*The Saturday Night Fever soundtrack...

And my two favorite guilty pleasure songs are...

*Bootylicious--Destiny's Child
*Hot in Herre--Nelly

:der:

Oh yeah, and Humpty Dance...I listen to that one waay to much.

Back
Top Bottom