A good site for a serious blog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hey, I'm just asking around to know if anyone knows of a good site for a serious weblog. I look at a lot of them, and they are kind of.......

"kiddie" or whatever, but I've seen a few that look alrifght.

I just wanted some opinions from other people. Ideally, I am going to use the site as a sort of journal that I can recount my past and present in, and maybe I'll even let my family see it when I'm away in college, I don't know.

all thoughts welcome

Oh yeah, I'm not so interested in paying for it.... but if that's what it takes to have a good, decent weblog, then I might be willing to shell out some dead presidents....

I had a livejournal once, a year ago. I know they're pretty good. I think I might be in the mood for something new, though, so we'll see....

thanks

Oops, actualy, I forgot about livejournal......

I had something else, but I forgot what it was. I started a livejournal for a month, but never followed through.

Thanks for reminding me about it, heh

blogs dot com is very good.

it's only four dollars a month, but they give you a 30 day free trial which you can cancel at any time within the 30 days with no penalty.

but if you want a good, free blog, go with blogger.

I have one on Blogger.

I like it. It's easy to use and looks nice. Plus other people I know are on there and I check out their blogs too. :)

ebloggy is another free one. i store all my journal stuff on ebloggy. you know, just in case elvis ever gets pissed and pulls our plug. :wink: it's not too bad, you can check your stats and such, but i don't think you can upload pics, and that kind of sucks. in a good blog, you need pics.

Blogger or MoveableType (I think that's what it's called) are good. Livejournal and Myspace are just too high school-y for me.

indra said:
I have one on Blogger.

I like it. It's easy to use and looks nice. Plus other people I know are on there and I check out their blogs too. :)

Same for me.
Moreover, it is for free and it's fast and you can edit your previous posts!

it's lovely!

I´m not into blogging that much anymore, but the only ting I can offer if you don´t want a music blog (myspace would be suitable for that) - why don´t you use the free one one on http://myblog.de

Why pay for a blog, seriously. You have lotsa possibilities - create your own header, put some music on it (you need to get permission though if its copyrighted) and with simple HTML commands you canmake slideshows of pictures. They offer only limited space for pics for free? Solution is to host your pics on photobucket and incorporate them into the site with HTML.

I don´t have a special blog or anything (the entries are dated, and in German). If you want to take a look for programming your own, go to http://myblog.de/kwikstep

I think I'm going to start with blogger, becauseI'm not super computer savy yet, and I want to get started on my blog before I get too occupied and lose the time/goal/inention/desire to actually get what I wanted to do done.........

But I'm keeping my options open just the same

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom