a good old Ash appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
'cos I'm in the mood.

I only have the singles compilation, with the b-sides, and all the songs are quite frankly very good. Favourites:

Shining Light
There's A Star
Walking Barefoot
Sometimes
Burn Baby Burn
A Life Less Ordinary
Girl From Mars
Goldfinger
No Place To Hide
Taken Out
Stormy Waters
Where Is Our Love Going?
Stay In Love Forever
Jesus Says
The Sweetness Of Death By The Obsidian Knife

and quite a lot more.

wow. i was JUST about to start an ash appreciation thread, but thought against it cos no one ever replies to my band-appreciation threads.

:up: yertle :up:

shining light, walking barefoot, and burn baby burn are my favourites right now.

I really quite like A Life Less Ordinary.. probly ranks in my favourite 100 or 200 songs.. which is actually quite high. Didn't really get into their other stuff though

I've been wanting to get into them, but don't know where to start. If it weren't for reading Q, I would have never heard of them before...

yeah you are a shinning light...

*turns off wierd underground techno-y dance stuff to go listen to ash*

~LadyLemon~ said:
I've been wanting to get into them, but don't know where to start. If it weren't for reading Q, I would have never heard of them before...

The singles compilation is a pretty good place to start. It's called Intergalactic Sonic 7"s. The song that got me into them was "Goldfinger" of the 1977 album, although I've converted two people to Ash with Shining Light.

i've had shining light stuck in my head all day

i'm pretty sure now that i've heard burn baby burn on the radio before...oh great now that's stuck in my head :p

A free Ash gig? Man, you missed a lot.

Ash actually came down to Singapore sometime ago. Unfortunately, I was a)eight and hadn't known anything about Ash b) they were playing a 21 plus gig. Which is odd because that was I think the tour after Charlotte joined and they were like eighteen or nineteen. :)

I saw Ash at the Reading festival last summer :D They were really good! :D
Thing is though, I'm not so keen on Tim's voice cos it's quite weak, but they were good live :yes:

Back
Top Bottom