A good band for you to listen to - The Good Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

learn2kneel

War Child
Experimental Folky Indie Rock from Saddle Creek Records. If you like Bright Eyes/Modest Mouse/Flaming Lips you should give a listen.

Heres some songs to look out for - Always A Bridesmaid, Off the Beaten Path, Album of the Year, New Denial, Lovers Need Lawyers

This is Tim Kasher of Cursive's other band. I haven't really heard anything from Good Life. Thanks for the reminder to check them out.

If it's the guy from Cursive, then you should all just check out Cursive. 'Ugly Organ' and 'Domestica' are nigh on perfect.

u2popmofo said:
If it's the guy from Cursive, then you should all just check out Cursive. 'Ugly Organ' and 'Domestica' are nigh on perfect.

Great stuff from Cursive!

The song title "Lovers Need Lawyers" mentioned by Learn2kneel makes it sound like Kasher is still hung up on the ex-wife.

barlowdog said:

Great stuff from Cursive!

The song title "Lovers Need Lawyers" mentioned by Learn2kneel makes it sound like Kasher is still hung up on the ex-wife.

Good point. Do you have, or have you heard, the EP that came out between Domestica and Ugly Organ (Burst & Bloom)? The one with 'Great Decay' on it. I've been wondering how it compares. I absolutely love 'Great Decay', but that's all I've heard from it. I know it was the first release with the cello being included.

Great band, great albums, great live shows. Maybe we need a thread for them.....I think I did one about Ugly Organ a long time back, but it went unnoticed...

The Good Life's Album of the Year is excellent. A lot less abrasive sounding than Cursive I guess, although that's a good band too.

Saddle Creek has some MP3's and real audio streams of of 5 different The Good Life songs on their site (somewhat low quality though). Just go to the artist section, then the downloads. :up:

I like what I've heard, thanks for posting about these guys! Enough like Cursive to still be enjoyable, different enough to still be interesting. I may have to keep my eyes (and wallet) open for them in music stores.

Last edited:
Start with Black Out, it's a concept album and very experimental. The theme is getting drunk, blacking out, escaping from it all, depression, loneliness, denial. It's pretty heavy stuff but its a great experience listening to the album in full.

Album of the Year is completely about Tim Kasher's divorce, and it's pretty dreary and emotional, it's hard to listen too actually, the EP Lovers Need Lawyers is a bit on the lighter side of the subject.

I only have two of their songs: "I Am An Island" and "Aftercrash" (from the Saddle Creek compilation). I like them though. :up:

u2popmofo said:

Good point. Do you have, or have you heard, the EP that came out between Domestica and Ugly Organ (Burst & Bloom)? The one with 'Great Decay' on it. I've been wondering how it compares. I absolutely love 'Great Decay', but that's all I've heard from it. I know it was the first release with the cello being included.

Great band, great albums, great live shows. Maybe we need a thread for them.....I think I did one about Ugly Organ a long time back, but it went unnoticed...

Regrettably, I do not have the EP and have not heard any of the songs from it. Wish I could help you out. Nor have I seen them live. Perhaps next time they come to Philly.

Back
Top Bottom