A Game 7 for the Ages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Even those who hate the Yankees, hate the Red Sox, or have a severe dislike for both teams like myself... as a baseball fan one has to respect the matchup going tonight.

Game 7... Yankee Stadium... Evil Empire vs. Red Sawks Nation... Pedro vs. Roger II. It doesn't get much better than this.

I don't really like the guy, but I'm expecting a huge game out of Clemens. I don't know if he could live with having the final game of his Hall of Fame career be a loss that sends the Boston Red Sox to the World Series. That would drive him nuts to the point where he just might renounce his retirement and come back for one more year.

I picked Yankees over Red Sox in 7 at the start of the playoffs, so I gotta stick with that prediction. What's everyone else think?

i peed in your pool

i peed in your pool

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Pedro....Yankee stadium...hostile crowd....juices flowing...2 hitter.
Final score, Sox 6, Yanks 0.
Another homer for Trot Nixon.
3 strikeouts for Karim Garcia.
Both Yankee hits off the bat of Enrique Wilson while Bret Boone watches helplessly from the booth as baby brother is benched.
Steinbrenner fires Cashman in the 3rd inning when David Ortiz delivers a 2 run double.
Steinbrenner fires Torre in top of 9th for not bringing Rivera into a 6-0 game.
Steinbrenner fires Zimmer after game for stuffing too many sunflower seeds into his cheek pouches.
Steinbrenner confronts Clemens in locker room after game, berating him for losing, Clemens drops Steinbrenner with a solid right, and there is much rejoicing.
YAAAYYY!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
he has high expectations. and good for him on that. but he didn't have to fire me from their plan. :down:

There is still hope though...Billy Martin was fired and rehired a few times.

Last edited:
where you assistant to the traveling secretary?
george2.jpg

Last edited:
Danospano said:
If the Yankees win, I won't watch the World Series.

Go Sox!!!!

i know i don't want to see a yankees/marlins world series. baseball is boring (well, ok, most sports are boring) when you loathe one team and couldn't care less about the other.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
RBI = Runs Batted In

which means a batter at the plate hits a ball that is not caught and is fair and a runner scores.

Or more precisely, when a batter at the plate puts the ball in play or reaches base, does not hit into a double play, and a run scores as a result of the batter's play.

Grady Little is a MORON!

He had to take Martinez out of the game in the 8th, or better the 7th. Of course Martinez isn't going to ask out of the game. You don't get to be a Hall of Fame pitcher by wanting out.

Back
Top Bottom